+ Reply to Thread

Default 2nd birthday time

Hi guys,

So here's the dilemma. My daughters turns 2 on 4h Jan. We want to celebrate her birthday on Sat 2nd Jan so that my ILs can come down for the weekend as well.

We were thinking of having a 4-5pm start as being the 2nd jan, it is a later time so people can rest up from the NY festivities. Alternatively it would be around 11.30am but I am quite conscious that people cannot do anything that day because of the party being in the middle of the day.
    We will be serving finger food (tarts, quiche, skewers etc) but sufficiently to cater for a whole meal plus the cake in the end.

What are your thoughts on the time ? I should probably add that we are in QLD and January can be very hot and sticky hence why we thought late afternoon. Also I am from France and I know over there is common to have birthdays at that time and not so much in the mornings but I know now how different it is here…
    Feedback and advice more than welcome.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aim for 4pm for a late bbq. That way its not too hot but you still have daylight till 6/6.30pm.

Don't do 11.30 as its nap time and too bloody hot to be anywhere but asleep

Eta. I'm a Queenslander so understand the heat debate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

elo86  (23-09-2015)

Similar Threads

1. First time mums - When did you stop full time work/cut back hours?
    By Monkey Joy in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 21-06-2015, 13:29
  2. First time mum, full time army wife
    By dollysmum in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-09-2014, 16:27
  3. Time in, time out, positive paranting...what do you do
    By WiseOldOwl in forum Discipline & behaviour
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-09-2014, 09:06