+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default RWBH Birth Centre

Hey i was wondering if anyone could shed light on the Birth Centre at RWBH? Like how to actually secure a place and what it's like. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is excellent. I have had my 2 boys there. Both all natural water births. One of the best things is the midwife visits at home for two weeks after the birth. Check out the Rbwh website but assuming things haven't changed in the last 2 years then to get in you must live on the north side of Brisbane. You get your GP to send your referral to RBWH and mention you're interested in birth centre care. You will get paper work from the hospital about your scans and a booking in appointment. At the booking in appointment ask the midwife to make sure your name is down for the birth centre lottery. It is drawn at around 18 weeks and your first appointment at the birth centre won't be until 20 weeks. As a backup if you like you can also get booked in to the group midwifery team and then cancel the appointments when you get in to the birth centre. I think the odds are pretty good of getting in.

Any other specific questions let me know. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

Studybeemumto3  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm booked in there again for my second. The process has changed a little since the first time around. Get your GP to send in your referral to RBWH requesting entry to the birth centre ballot. The ballot is drawn when you are around 12 weeks and if you are drawn then your first booking in appointment with the hospital will be at 15 weeks with your allocated birth centre team (they will send you a letter).
    I loved the continuity of care with my first pregnancy. I didn't have a great birth experience but I think the midwife I had on the day just wasn't the best fit for me, and being a first time mum I didn't know what my preferences would be beforehand. I'm with a different team this time and so far it's all going great, plus I'm a lot clearer about the type of support I need. Happy to answer any other questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misstrouble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks you @Noty and @misstrouble ! I really hope to get into the birth centre. Otherwise i'll second choice the midwife teams. I want a more relaxed pregnancy and birth this time for sure. Can i put my name in at 5 weeks? Suuuper early lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Studybeemumto3 View Post
    thanks you @Noty and @misstrouble ! I really hope to get into the birth centre. Otherwise i'll second choice the midwife teams. I want a more relaxed pregnancy and birth this time for sure. Can i put my name in at 5 weeks? Suuuper early lol.
    Definitely get the referral in now, my GP sent it by then and we just updated my edd after the dating scan. I actually recommend calling a few days after the referral goes in to double check it was received as it got lost during my first pregnancy. They can then let you know over the phone when the ballot will be drawn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misstrouble For This Useful Post: