+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Advice on fertility

Hi Everyone,

I am really struggling atm and would love any advice on fertility.

Firstly, I am attending Fertility North. I have successfully had a laproscopy to remove emdemetriosis. But now my husband has a Bilaterial Varicoceles (Varicose Veins on his testis) and he needs a microsurgery to remove them and increase the condition of his sperm (sorry if im being too graphic - I am literally numb now to all this language)

the problem is that there is no surgeon in Perth that performs this and we may have to travel to Melb for this. Is this true? has any1 also gone thro this?

or any advice would be greatly appreciated

Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for replying Charlie. I really hope this happens for you. who would have thought that pregnancy could be so hard.

apparently the quality of the sperm is massively improved after treatment so good luck. i was told that the sperm travelling through the testis gets impaired due to the increased heat in the varicose veins. my husbands sperm count dropped down to a very low 8 because of it.

also due to 1 of the veins being very small he needs microsurgery. we have also been offered radiography but i dont think it will work in my husbands case.

please keep me posted on your progress. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for late reply, we had a long weekend in WA so i was very distracted, thank God.

No, he had no clue whatsoever. no pain at all, we were very surprised. we wrongly assumed that i was the problem as i had emdemitiosis. Its a bit worse for men to deal with than women. I feel a bit sorry for him but he is being very good about it and is keen to see the surgery through.

We just got word today that our Doctor found another Urologist based in Perth to do the surgery. So i will ring him in the morning to book an appointment.

good luck on the 5th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Bronagh: I will send you a pm with dr names.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Bronagh  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping someone is still following this thread - I am in Melbourne and hubby has bilateral varicoceles so wondered if anyone can recommend a good urologist or someone to see to have it corrected? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont' remember the urologist name but someone at the azoo thread has seen one for TESE/TESA surgery. I see that you have high NK cell. The person to see for immu treatment is Nick Lolatgis.