Coming off mini pill and conceiving | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off mini pill and conceiving

FTM my little miss was born in Jan this year my doctor then put me onto the mini pill took it for about 3 months or so on and off as it made me every depression and my mood swings were bad. Myself and my partner decided that I should stop taking it end of June. I had my periods irregular this whole time but the last one lasted about a month before I stopped taking it. I have not had them since I stopped taking the pill and I am not on any other conception.

I am am now wanting to have another baby but I haven't had my periods is this something I should be worried about or will it take awhile to come back at all? Only started really thinking about it last few weeks and wondering why I haven't gotten them back?
    do you still ovulate while not having your periods? Should I be worried? Should I see a doctor?

I did take a pregnancy test back in Aug as I thought I might have been due to not having them.

Anyone else expreienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well taken another test not pregnant so off to doctors i go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did not get a period until after 2 years after DS was born. I was BF the whole time. Everyone is different.

As to ovulating without a period it is possible get pregnant before having your period come back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow two years thats crazy was there any reason it took that long? Did u take any contraception?

Im crazily wanting another baby 🙊

Thanks
    Reviews
    No reason. I have PCOS and I think that is just normal for me! There are people that do get it earlier though so don't let my experience get you down. In saying that I only had 3 periods before falling pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been reading about PCOS and a heap of other things to. Think I might just go get checked out to see maybe that will put my mind at rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd, I didn't get a period until she was 15mths, ds is 1 in a couple of weeks and still no sign of it reappearing. I was/am on the mini pill and bf, not complaining yet about it not returning! No pcos or other known reason, my babies even sleep through from a very young age so its obviously just what my body does.

With bub #2, period returned at 15mths pp, stopped the mini pill at 18mths pp and pregnant that first cycle off so I also only had 3 periods before falling preg.

You read and hear plenty of stories where ladies do not have a period between pregnancies so its definitely possible. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome hearing all this makes me feel so much better 😀