+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best pram for toddler please

Iv just sold my bubs pram with bassinet as it was worth a decent price second hand and a lot of the accessories he had grown out of bassinet etc. So i need a new pram, comfortable so he can sleep in it if we are on a day out or holiday etc, easy to fold and reasonably priced....go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a city mini gt. Light, easy to fold, lays back flat and well made. I have no complaints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I have a city mini gt. Light, easy to fold, lays back flat and well made. I have no complaints.
    I have one of these too. It's great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im looking at this anyone have one?
    Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just sold my steelcraft compact as I didn't utilise the toddler seat like I expected I would have. I bought the steelcraft agile which is awesome, super light and compact for taking on the plane, in the car and the hood comes down a fair way which was needed. Alot of the strollers hoods don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    Im looking at this anyone have one?
    Yep recently bought it. Love it. Can't believe how light it is. Very practical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the agile and there is a lot I like about it. Lightweight, compact easy fold, comfy layback, big hood with silent viewing window, storage pouch, travel system, snack tray and it didn't cost the earth.

My small criticisms are accessing the basket. I have the plus, so you can get to it from under kiddo's feet. From behind though is awkward so I tend to access from the sides which is mishaping them. Also the adjustable handle, once it is high enough for shoulder comfort my feet start kicking the pram as I'm too far in. I'm 174cm.

My one big criticism, having had a stroller with air-filled tyres before, it does not handle even the slightest lump in the path and if I start walking at pace (eg. 5.kph) the wheels start to freak out like a bad shopping trolley. At a shopping centre it is wonderful but walking to the park/school/with the dog it annoys me. I imagine this would be a problem with most.prams with these types of wheels though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I have the agile and there is a lot I like about it. Lightweight, compact easy fold, comfy layback, big hood with silent viewing window, storage pouch, travel system, snack tray and it didn't cost the earth.

My small criticisms are accessing the basket. I have the plus, so you can get to it from under kiddo's feet. From behind though is awkward so I tend to access from the sides which is mishaping them. Also the adjustable handle, once it is high enough for shoulder comfort my feet start kicking the pram as I'm too far in. I'm 174cm.

My one big criticism, having had a stroller with air-filled tyres before, it does not handle even the slightest lump in the path and if I start walking at pace (eg. 5.kph) the wheels start to freak out like a bad shopping trolley. At a shopping centre it is wonderful but walking to the park/school/with the dog it annoys me. I imagine this would be a problem with most.prams with these types of wheels though.
    There are big differences between the agile and the plus though although they look simular. The plus is alot heavier than the agile and bulkier. When walking over uneven ground or at pace do you lock the front wheels? Should make a huge difference if you do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    There are big differences between the agile and the plus though although they look simular. The plus is alot heavier than the agile and bulkier. When walking over uneven ground or at pace do you lock the front wheels? Should make a huge difference if you do.
    Tried locking the front wheels and it didn't help with bumps but did when going faster. Doesn't help overall though as I'd go fast then hit the lip where the lip where the gutter turns into a footpath entry (1cm high tops) and nearly send the pram flipping forwards as that would be enough to stop it dead.

Melbourne roads/gutters etc are different to WA though. In WA 99% are roll kerbs so it would potentially be less of an issue there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I looked at the agile & agile plus but decided to go with the city mini 4wheel instead.
    Love it.