+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD was on the late side, at around 3.5yrs. We'd tried earlier and it was a disaster.

She got wee really quickly, had accidents here and there but mostly went to the toilet. Poo was another story. I was determined not to go back to nappies so we stuck it out. It took well over 6 months for her to really 'get' poo. For some reason she just did not want to poo in the toilet. It was very frustrating and annoying cleaning poopy pants all the time, but after she turned 4 it just clicked. Now I can finally consider her toilet trained! I did a poo chart on the fridge, she got a stamp every time she did a poo in the toilet or potty and after a certain amount of stamps she got a 'prize'. The prize (a new book or toy) was in sight but out of reach. I think this really helped incentivize her but it wouldn't have worked before age 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    About 10 days with dd1 aged 14mths. Bout 2wks with dd2 age 16mths
    Rose&Aurelia.. How did you manage to train a 14 month old? How did she tell you she needed to go? I'm assuming her speech was pretty good? What about night training?

Hope you don't mind all the questions. I've heard of training babies before but no idea how it would work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Rose&Aurelia.. How did you manage to train a 14 month old? How did she tell you she needed to go? I'm assuming her speech was pretty good? What about night training?

Hope you don't mind all the questions. I've heard of training babies before but no idea how it would work
    We started with poos around 8-10mths. As soon as I saw poo face we popped her on the toilet. Within a few days she worked out that she could hold till she got to the toilet.

Wees were bloody annoying. We did the toilet trip every 10-15min then slowly stretched the Times out. Had to be home 7-10 days straight and dh did the majority of it.

Yes she had accidents but they were mainly due to her wanting to take her own clothes off and not being able to hold and do it at the same time. We never went back into day nappies.

Night TT didn't officially happen till 2yo as I had dd2 in the middle of that and I got lazy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

yadot  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How is it going op?

My dd is on day 5 of toilet training. We have had no accidents for 2 days so she was definitely ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's going reasonably well, no accidents wed, one yesterday and one today. Both while she was really absorbed playing then she looked up and said 'doing wees!' She knew she was having an accident but had left it too late.
    I think I'm going to persist with it, I think she would be pretty confused if we put her back in nappies now. She is really proud of being a big girl and not having nappies anymore so I guess we will just clean up the odd accident!
    Glad to hear your DD is going so well, two days with no accidents is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Day 7 here and we have no accidents for the past 2 days. Even nap time
    Very happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I send my 3.5yo DD to one of you??? She won't even consider going on the loo. I've tried so many times and she just screams at me. Twice she has said yes and will wear undies for a day, but it's just been accidents. No wees on the toilet at all. 😪😪

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up and then that's it. I have to get her trained for kindy next year. Any tips on how to make her want to try? I've tried bribery, let her pick special undies to buy, telling her she's a big girl now and big girls do wees on the toilet, but nothing is convincing her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2yrs..
    What ended up working was an illustrated visual board. Doing every step. Pull down pants - sit - wipe - pull up pants - flush - wash hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would pop back in and update, we started 8 days ago and the last 3 days have been no accidents at all! She is telling me when she needs to go which is really good. So I think she has got it!

Californication - what worked for us? I think first of all going shopping and letting her choose the undies. She picked Cinderella and was really keen not to do wees on Cinderella! She got a smartie every time she did something on the toilet and is VERY motivated to get smarties I think it was also getting over the initial couple of days, I think she did only two poos and one wee in the toilet the first two days. Poos were only because I caught her doing 'poo face' and raced her to the toilet. But for some reason by the third day it started to click, I think she had to learn the sensation of having a full bladder and see what was happening ie. wetting her pants, to learn to do anything about it.
    I still remind her heaps about going and I don't think we will be totally accident free but we are definitely on our way. Good luck with your DD