+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tablet apps for 15 month old

We have a 6 hour car drive coming up soon so want to be armed with as many tools as we can to keep the toddler happy. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good Android tablet apps that he might enjoy?
    I don't know if there's actually anything targeted for this age given the zero screen time recommendation...

At the moment he just loves using my phone to record and watch videos of himself, but I don't think that'll last the whole journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does he like any TV shows? When we had a 6 hour drive earlier this year my son was kept entertained with Play School, Daniel Tiger, Giggle and Hoot, Most shows have their own app with games to play. Or if you search "toddler apps" you will probably find some easy ones for him to look at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know if they're on Android but 'sago mini' has a bunch of cute kiddie apps - my DS is (almost!) 2 though, so I'm not sure whether your son would like them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    Does he like any TV shows? When we had a 6 hour drive earlier this year my son was kept entertained with Play School, Daniel Tiger, Giggle and Hoot, Most shows have their own app with games to play. Or if you search "toddler apps" you will probably find some easy ones for him to look at.
    haha I don't know, he's never watched tv!
    I had a quick search but everything I saw was aimed at 2-3 year olds, they looked a bit advanced for my totally non-verbal young one. Though I'm sure they'll still be full of bright colours he might enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a bunch of fisher price apps when my DS was younger. Not sure if they are available on Android but you can check?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't get my daughter very interested in apps at that age (tried for plane trips). The one she liked most was a koi pond. The fish respond when you ouch the screen etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool, will check all these out. Thanks!
    I love the koi pond idea, I'd totally play with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got an app called Toddler Lock (free!) on our android tablet which is awesome! It's sort of like finger painting, black background and every touch brings up colours/shapes, you can write and draw and it all fades after a few seconds so you can keep going. It also disables the home button. Was awesome for plane trips!