+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My clever DP built this veggie garden in just two days. Can't wait to start growing stuff! We try to only plant what we eat lots of.
    Our favourites are corn, cucumbers, lettuce, cherry tomatoes. Would like to try cauliflower and broccoli too.
    Attachment 84856
    Attachment 84857
    I am totally in love with this garden bed! I want something like this one day!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,954
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am hoping to get 2-3 small garden beds probably in the next 2 years. And a chicken pen with 2 (3 max) chickens.

    We are planting a lemon and lime tree soon (have to get some from rhe local nursery). Hoping to get blood orange eventually. We are also getting olive trees in the next few years.

    This year the aim is to keep strawberries and herbs alive

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    BeautyOfTheSoul  (06-10-2016)

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am hoping to get 2-3 small garden beds probably in the next 2 years. And a chicken pen with 2 (3 max) chickens.

    We are planting a lemon and lime tree soon (have to get some from rhe local nursery). Hoping to get blood orange eventually. We are also getting olive trees in the next few years.

    This year the aim is to keep strawberries and herbs alive
    We bought MIL a lemon tree for her birthday a year ago. It has recently developed some flowers. We are pretty excited for the first lemon to starting growing!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BeautyOfTheSoul For This Useful Post:

    twinklify  (07-10-2016)

  6. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,456
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked
    1,049
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    We bought MIL a lemon tree for her birthday a year ago. It has recently developed some flowers. We are pretty excited for the first lemon to starting growing!
    DH bought me a lemon tree for our wedding anniversary last year (Nov) and I'm still waiting on flowers! The leaves have changed colour a bit but I'm hanging for it to finally do something!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

    BeautyOfTheSoul  (06-10-2016),twinklify  (07-10-2016)

  8. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    DH bought me a lemon tree for our wedding anniversary last year (Nov) and I'm still waiting on flowers! The leaves have changed colour a bit but I'm hanging for it to finally do something!
    That's what I noticed first! The new leaves came through incredibly dark! Then I saw about 10-12 little buds. I'll try to take a pic when I get home. This one was bought in October last year so maybe yours won't be far away :-)

  9. #46
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,661
    Thanks
    1,208
    Thanked
    3,837
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've got fruit trees as well: lemon, mandarin, apple (x3), plum, olive, peach, apricot.
    We compete with the birds for the fruit trees, but they produce so much that we do get enough. Except for the apples, the trees need pruning so that we can at least reach them, and possibly net them as the birds particularly love them.

  10. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,033
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked
    1,030
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @BeautyOfTheSoul the base is pallet timber as well.
    @Hollywood I'm so envious (think I've mentioned before being envious of your tree change!). We used to have extensive vege beds similar to what your partner has built you in our old home. We also had lemon, mandarin and cumquat trees (I used to make cumquat jam each season sigh). We also had lady finger and cavendish bananas, a mulberry tree and a guava tree.

    I miss having a yard sooooo much.

  11. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,661
    Thanks
    1,208
    Thanked
    3,837
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @BeautyOfTheSoul the base is pallet timber as well.
    @Hollywood I'm so envious (think I've mentioned before being envious of your tree change!). We used to have extensive vege beds similar to what your partner has built you in our old home. We also had lemon, mandarin and cumquat trees (I used to make cumquat jam each season sigh). We also had lady finger and cavendish bananas, a mulberry tree and a guava tree.

    I miss having a yard sooooo much.
    If we were further north we would absolutely have banana trees! That would be cool

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (07-10-2016)

  13. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,148
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    490
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IMG_1475803385.669504.jpgIMG_1475803413.191291.jpg

    Went to the patch last night to get some broccoli, so fresh so yum and amazing colour. We've just built the lattice screen so will have beans running up it when in season. The old tyres if you can see them we'll put carrots in or the cucumbers

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (07-10-2016),KitiK  (21-11-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (21-11-2016)

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,033
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked
    1,030
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How good is home grown broccoli! I am a major broccoli fan, probably my favourite vegetable. I was shocked at the taste difference when we grew it ourselves!


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What herb is this?!?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 21:24
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 15:09
  3. chinese herb during ivf cycle
    By Minib in forum IVF
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-11-2014, 16:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!