+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My clever DP built this veggie garden in just two days. Can't wait to start growing stuff! We try to only plant what we eat lots of.
    Our favourites are corn, cucumbers, lettuce, cherry tomatoes. Would like to try cauliflower and broccoli too.
    Attachment 84856
    Attachment 84857
    I am totally in love with this garden bed! I want something like this one day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am hoping to get 2-3 small garden beds probably in the next 2 years. And a chicken pen with 2 (3 max) chickens.

We are planting a lemon and lime tree soon (have to get some from rhe local nursery). Hoping to get blood orange eventually. We are also getting olive trees in the next few years.

This year the aim is to keep strawberries and herbs alive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

BeautyOfTheSoul  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am hoping to get 2-3 small garden beds probably in the next 2 years. And a chicken pen with 2 (3 max) chickens.

We are planting a lemon and lime tree soon (have to get some from rhe local nursery). Hoping to get blood orange eventually. We are also getting olive trees in the next few years.

This year the aim is to keep strawberries and herbs alive
    We bought MIL a lemon tree for her birthday a year ago. It has recently developed some flowers. We are pretty excited for the first lemon to starting growing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BeautyOfTheSoul For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    We bought MIL a lemon tree for her birthday a year ago. It has recently developed some flowers. We are pretty excited for the first lemon to starting growing!
    DH bought me a lemon tree for our wedding anniversary last year (Nov) and I'm still waiting on flowers! The leaves have changed colour a bit but I'm hanging for it to finally do something!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

BeautyOfTheSoul  (06-10-2016),twinklify  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    DH bought me a lemon tree for our wedding anniversary last year (Nov) and I'm still waiting on flowers! The leaves have changed colour a bit but I'm hanging for it to finally do something!
    That's what I noticed first! The new leaves came through incredibly dark! Then I saw about 10-12 little buds. I'll try to take a pic when I get home. This one was bought in October last year so maybe yours won't be far away :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've got fruit trees as well: lemon, mandarin, apple (x3), plum, olive, peach, apricot.
    We compete with the birds for the fruit trees, but they produce so much that we do get enough. Except for the apples, the trees need pruning so that we can at least reach them, and possibly net them as the birds particularly love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BeautyOfTheSoul the base is pallet timber as well.
    @Hollywood I'm so envious (think I've mentioned before being envious of your tree change!). We used to have extensive vege beds similar to what your partner has built you in our old home. We also had lemon, mandarin and cumquat trees (I used to make cumquat jam each season sigh). We also had lady finger and cavendish bananas, a mulberry tree and a guava tree.

I miss having a yard sooooo much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @BeautyOfTheSoul the base is pallet timber as well.
    @Hollywood I'm so envious (think I've mentioned before being envious of your tree change!). We used to have extensive vege beds similar to what your partner has built you in our old home. We also had lemon, mandarin and cumquat trees (I used to make cumquat jam each season sigh). We also had lady finger and cavendish bananas, a mulberry tree and a guava tree.

I miss having a yard sooooo much.
    If we were further north we would absolutely have banana trees! That would be cool

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IMG_1475803385.669504.jpgIMG_1475803413.191291.jpg

Went to the patch last night to get some broccoli, so fresh so yum and amazing colour. We've just built the lattice screen so will have beans running up it when in season. The old tyres if you can see them we'll put carrots in or the cucumbers

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (07-10-2016),KitiK  (21-11-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (21-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How good is home grown broccoli! I am a major broccoli fan, probably my favourite vegetable. I was shocked at the taste difference when we grew it ourselves!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast