+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default BJ City Select or Uppababy Vista

Can anyone who has either of these prams give me some info on why you love or hate it?

My 2nd is due in April and DD will be 3 by then. She uses her stroller quite a bit at the moment and I'm sure when bub comes along she'll decide she wants a seat too so I'd rather have a double to cover my bases, although I assume we won't be needing the 2nd seat for much more than a year.

I currently have a BJ Versa and I find the City Select so bulky in comparison, I also had a lot of trouble closing it in store. In comparison I really liked the Vista and it was so easy to close however the rumble seat is so small and DD is quite tall for her age, her feet were practically dragging on the floor.

So I have no idea which one to get; any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone has suggestions for other double prams that would be great too. I like the look of the ABC Design Zoom but it does look quite long and I haven't seen it in person yet.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the bjcs, love it but it is a 4wd of prams and can be bulky ( takes a lot of boot space. In saying that it's great in crowds as it is so big people have to get out of the way or simply get run over if they walk in front and not look where they're going (- yes I'm that mum) and the kids are still safe inside

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I love the bjsc. I've had no trouble closing and it is big but I can still fit it in the boot of my yaris!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the BJCS and I love it. I can fit so much stuff in the basket and it's really easy to manoeuvre. It does take up a bit of space but without it my shopping just slides all over the boot so it's handy for me😏

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are a few good reviews on the pramaholics Facebook page with people that have had both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used both and prefer the icandy peach to both bjcs and vista so much littler and easier to fit/steer through the shops also more space between the two kids so they dont kick each other!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got an icandy peach too but havnt used any others. I like that it's really very similar size to a single just a bit longer at back so it's very easy for getting on and off buses etc. I've got the old model though as I got it second hand and I thinks the new one looks much better as it has a few changes such as more options for seat positions etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a city select. I love it all BUT the inability to go over curbs and things like that when you are walking. It does get frustrating. The under basket is massive and holds a lot of weight which is fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! I'm having the hardest time deciding; I'll definitely check out the pramaholics FB page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a vista, although bub hasn't arrived yet so I actually haven't had a chance to use it! We chose it because the seat can hold more weight than most other prams (23kg compared to 15-17 for most other brands), also it looked like it would be the best for tall kids.

I'm not sure on configurations for two though, but could you have your 3yo in the regular seat (it's bigger than the rumble seat) and your nb in either the rumble seat/capsule/bassinet?