+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The "But I Don't Feel Pregnant!" Thread

Hi everyone,

In an effort to jinx myself, I have decided to start up this thread. I am 41 years old and 5 weeks & 3 days pregnant.

I don't have any of the so-called traditional pregnancy symptoms. No sore breasts, no morning sickness, no extreme tiredness.

The only things that I could potentially associate with pregnancy are getting up to use the bathroom at night, occasional bouts of hunger, and a bit of a dull ache in my abdomen.

This is my first pregnancy (we used IVF) and whilst many people would probably give their right arms not to have nausea, at this point in time symptoms would equal reassurance to me.

So, is anyone else in the same boat? I know I'll rue the day I asked to 'feel pregnant' but at the same time it would be reassuring to feel something tangible!

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!

I found I didn't start feeling sick until 6-7 weeks then right through until 14. I count myself lucky as some are sick the minute after implantation. Enjoy the time now you might be telling a different story in a few weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellesbelles For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesbelles View Post
    Congratulations!

I found I didn't start feeling sick until 6-7 weeks then right through until 14. I count myself lucky as some are sick the minute after implantation. Enjoy the time now you might be telling a different story in a few weeks.

Thanks @Ellesbelles, hopefully I will live to regret my wish, lol. I know there are many people who say they felt nothing at this early stage, my Mother included, who didn't feel anything until 10+ weeks.

It's still nice to know I'm not alone though.

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Symptoms shmymptoms @Krysta74

I had none really. The second trimester was especially anxious because apart from getting steadily fatter I didn't feel pregnant at all.

I made up for it in the end though with real pregnancy side effects of SPD, carpal tunnel and now de Quervains syndrome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ScubaGal, I'm just paranoid I guess.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who didn't immediately 'feel something' upon finding out they were pregnant.

Sorry you have had such a rough time though.

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never really had any with DS he was IUI, my boobs did get huge within a couple of months though.

I did vom twice during the whole pregnancy because I had a berrocca.

Smells annoyed me, one of the guys at work wore a lot of lynx and I had to send him out of my office if he came in lol.

Try not to stress, enjoy the time without anything, i found the later parts of pregnancy worse I am a tummy sleeper and hated not being able to tummy sleep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there I also had an ivf pregnancy (now a 12 week old bub!) and had no symptoms at all til around 7 weeks which is when sore boobs and nausea started (this all went away around 14 weeks). But even then I didn't feel that pregnant! I barely had a bump til I was about 24 weeks along and even though I had SPD because it was related to a previous back injury I actually didn't feel that pregnant til third trimester (where it all went downhill very rapidly lol). Most of the time I would wake up and had to remind myself I was pregnant.
    I know you want a little reminder that you are in fact pregnant in the early days. I had scans at 7,9,11 and 12 weeks then a 3d scan at 17 weeks and morph scan at 20 weeks and another major scan at 32 weeks and a couple by my ob in between. Those early scans and hearing the heartbeat would always put the mind at ease before I could feel bub moving but the waiting in between was tortuous!! All the best for a healthy and smooth pregnancy 😀

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

I have my first scan scheduled for next Thursday 01/10 (I should be 6w5d by then) and a repeat blood test today to make sure my HCG is climbing as it should be.

I think as each test is passed I will relax a little more into it. It's hard not to worry though. IVF messes with your head, and the odds and risks are always at the forefront of your mind.

Fingers crossed all is well. Thanks for your support!

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews

hello, Im so glad i found this thread!
    i am 7-8 weeks pregnant with my first and apart from feeling tired and sore breasts i haven't had any other symptoms. i saw the little heartbeat last week and i have another scan in a fortnight. like the other poster said i wouldn't mind a bit of nausea just to assure myself that everything is ok.
    anyone else not have M/S? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, and welcome to the thread. Since starting it up I have spoken to many women both on this site and in 'real life' and the common thread seems to be that to feel nothing is completely normal. I'd like to say to you "Don't stress about it and be thankful" but I also understand the notion that symptoms = progress in our minds.

My best wishes to you

Krysta