+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Are you a Matchy match or if it works who cares person

Do you need to have your stuff match or can the be miss matching if they do the job

Cutlery

Dinnerware

Glassware

Coffee mugs

Sheets

Table and chairs

Anything else you can think of

What do you do with the stuff if one or two in your set breaks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Matchy!! When I buy a dinner set I buy two so when I break a piece I can get a replacement out of the second set.
    Sheets have to match.
    Bra and underwear have to match.
    Towels have to match.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Do you need to have your stuff match or can the be miss matching if they do the job

Cutlery

Dinnerware

Glassware

Coffee mugs

Sheets

Table and chairs

Anything else you can think of

What do you do with the stuff if one or two in your set breaks?
    I would love for everything to match, but random bits seem to sneak into my house!

Cutlery - we have a whole set, but there are also some random pieces that I think DH brings home from work.

Dinnerware -all matches because I bought it a couple of years ago, I got two sets so we always have plenty and if something breaks it isn't a big deal. I gave away all the mismatched stuff.

Glassware - is mostly the same, although there are a couple of random pieces, must sort through and get rid of them. Again when I bought them, I bought as many as would fit in my cupboard, so breakages not a big deal.

Coffee mugs - I have a few that match but also random ones that people have given me or DH as gifts, plus ones that the kids have made as Father's Day gifts etc.

Sheets - I only buy white 1000 thread count, so can't even really tell if they're not a set, but the fitted sheets tend to wear out faster than the flat sheet and it always ends up cheaper to buy the whole set again than just the fitted sheet. This really annoys me, and means that I have a million white pillow cases and flat sheets.

Table and chairs match, but I think mismatched is a bit of a thing with table and chairs these days, isn't it?

Others - cushions are most definitely mismatched, and not in an entirely good way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I also bought a heap of new towels the other day, so we have two sets, but everyone has a different coloured towel, but they all kind of match each other, let me take a pic...ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1442871396.314552.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Oh and I also bought a heap of new towels the other day, so we have two sets, but everyone has a different coloured towel, but they all kind of match each other, let me take a pic...Attachment 73834
    These look awesome!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to be matchy but it seems things don't often in our house like a previous poster said random stuff sneak into our house. I do have matching towel sets but also have mismatched ones too. The cutlery matches but lot's have broken and get replaced with different stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am matchy for everything you've listed.

One major pet-peeve of mine though is mismatching pyjama tops/bottoms. It can. not. happen. in this house. Even the kids know not to wear them, otherwise they WILL be getting changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a matchy person too. However while our glassware and coffee cups are in matching sets they don't always get used as a set IYKWIM. Different people in the house have their favourites so we may all be drinking water out of 3 different glasses even though we have whole sets.

I used to wear matching underwear but now I'm in maternity bras and happy to settle for what ever I can find that fits and doesn't look stupid under my top. Can't wait to wear normal bras again.

Our glassware has been easily replaced when broken as it's quite common. We haven't broken any dinnerware yet. When we break enough plates for it to become a nuisance I'd probably just buy a whole new dinner set.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I am matchy for everything you've listed.

One major pet-peeve of mine though is mismatching pyjama tops/bottoms. It can. not. happen. in this house. Even the kids know not to wear them, otherwise they WILL be getting changed.
    Agree!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is more of a vent rather than a matchy story but here goes...

DP cleaned then shower and used a very expensive Sheridan towel to dry the shower screen that he's sprayed with bleach... I didn't buy a replacement towel for the set because it was slightly darker than the ones we had as our had faded a little. The whole set (about $500 worth) was relegated to the pile of mismatched towels we use for drying the dog.