Scheduled Induction - what to expect? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for thread hacking. I will also be induced due to GD fairly soon. At what stage you could still request Epi? I remember something about too late at late stage of labor.

Ya, I also heard a lot of horror stories. Thank you for saying something a bit more positive. The thought of more painful than normal spontaneous birth scares me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an induction at 37+3 due to GD. I didn't have my gel as I was already 2cm dilated. They broke my waters and put a drip with syntocin in. I did have an epidural as the contractions came on hard and fast. If it had ramped up like a normal Kanpur it would have probably been fine. My next advice is that if you are thinking of an epidural then have it sooner rather than later just because it sometimes takes a while for the anesthetist to arrive and set it up etc. My epi was great and I had a beautiful, positive birth experience. Good luck and congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced at 40+5 due to low fluid. Had the drip and my labour went really fast.

I wanted to go natural, but ended up with an epi at 7cm. Glad I did because the last 3cm took a few hours and I would have been shattered.

As much as I tried to avoid an epidural, I'd get one again. It was night and day for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the ballon in the evening, next day waters were broken, it was a vbac so they waited to see if I went into labour before starting the Drip. I didn't so had the drip. Towards the end it did get fairly intense so I had patient controlled analgesia with remifentanil. I am needle phobic and after the c section there is no way I could have a needle in my back by choice. I have had experience with a few different birthing ways:
    Number one spontaneous labour - gas only - premature - six weeks early
    Number Two - c section - baby in breach position - spinal block- 38 weeks
    Number Three - induction - gas and remifentanil- 11 days overdue
    Number 4 - spontaneous - gas and pethidine- 40 weeks

I was so happy to have the induction otherwise it would have been a c-section. My worst birth was the c-section so scary and I am so needle phobic. I wanted to be knocked out totally if had to do that again.
    I agree about what side the drip is in fact with my last baby they put it in my arm because to my horror after trying both hands twice they could not get my veins. If I ever have to have a drip again I am going to ask for it in my arm as it gave me full use of my hands.

Good luck with it all. My advise is to stay calm and relaxed, and don't panic. You need to save as much energy as possible for when it is time to push. I also stood up as much as possible to let gravity work for me. My longest birth from start to finish was 8 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go OP? Hope you are enjoying some newbie cuddles :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i have the balloon puts in, will the labor start on its own? or it always ends up breaking the water?