+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you can go straight to the banks but a mortgage broker has access to more and is more of a one stop shop. he did the legwork and liaising for us, we just showed up and signed the paperwork. would definitely use him again.
    Actually brokers do not have access to some great products so it's good to keep that in mind.
    They shouldn't be the only stop towards home loan IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Actually brokers do not have access to some great products so it's good to keep that in mind.
    They shouldn't be the only stop towards home loan IMO.
    ??

I was giving my firsthand experience. whilst I can't speak for you or anyone else, our broker was great.

I think "great products" may depend on your specific situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    I won't use a broker again. When we applied for our first home loan he filled out our application to the bank and had us sign it. I told him I wanted to supply more info regarding my income (APA scholarship so tax free & no group certificate), and added in an explanation with the form, which he took upon himself to remove. Of course the bank then did require that info, a delay of a week in sorting that cost us an interest rate rise, 5 year fixed loan, so heaps of money. It's easier to just sort stuff yourself.
    I will never use one again too. I had big deposit (70k) purchased home 200k. And he told me use less deposit and pay LMI. Um wtf. I didn't know much about this sort of stuff and neither did DH. So we went with it. He put us with Homeside with NAB. Worst home loan ever. Go straight to your bank first especially now with rates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    our loan is with nab homeside and we've got great rates! we avoided paying lmi as we had my parents go guarantor and we got our whole deposit back as we were able to borrow more than 95%. plus we packaged in our existing qantas frequent flyer premium rewards credit card so the annual fee on that gets waived.

wow shocked people have had such rubbish experiences with brokers and with nab homeside!

Thanks
    Reviews
    our loan is with nab homeside and we've got great rates! we avoided paying lmi as we had my parents go guarantor and we got our whole deposit back as we were able to borrow more than 95%. plus we packaged in our existing qantas frequent flyer premium rewards credit card so the annual fee on that gets waived.

wow shocked people have had such rubbish experiences with brokers and with nab homeside!
    I just don't like that I can't deal with the bank I have to deal over the phone. To adjust anything etc ****es me off. Can't wait to refinance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I just don't like that I can't deal with the bank I have to deal over the phone. To adjust anything etc ****es me off. Can't wait to refinance
    I'm confused. so you don't/can't deal with nab for your home loan? who do you deal with? the broker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ??

I was giving my firsthand experience. whilst I can't speak for you or anyone else, our broker was great.

I think "great products" may depend on your specific situation.
    I was just saying that some products are not accessible to any brokers and can only be done when dealing directly with the bank.
    So best check that the bank can't beat whatever product the broker is offering

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Homeloan options

I'm confused. so you don't/can't deal with nab for your home loan? who do you deal with? the broker?
    Yes. To change things you need to goto a broker again not NAB. As Homeside is not actually NAB it's actually a broker thing. But part of nab it's confusing haha!! They also pay highest commission too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    @bezzy probably a good idea not to use that broker again.
    However he doesn't represent the skills level of the whole profession... There's good and bad brokers like anywhere else.
    We've since done a loan for land with cba and a house with nab and I organised both loans myself and found the process far simpler. But i can see the value in brokers if you're unsure of how to do it yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I will never use one again too. I had big deposit (70k) purchased home 200k. And he told me use less deposit and pay LMI. Um wtf. I didn't know much about this sort of stuff and neither did DH. So we went with it. He put us with Homeside with NAB. Worst home loan ever. Go straight to your bank first especially now with rates
    Why would he tell you to pay LMI when you didn't have to? That's crazy.

OP, we're changing to bankwest at the moment and I've never had better customer service.

We're dealing with with one person, she gets back to is straight away- either email or phone and answers all of our questions clearly and politely. They're really good and they offered us a great rate. We were worried because we have no branches nearby but they're happy for everything- docs etc to be scanned/ emailed and faxed
    Last edited by yadot; 23-09-2015 at 07:35.