+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Concerns with liver function in early pregnancy

Has anyone else had very high results for bili.total, ggt, ast, and alt in early pregnancy? I had a liver function test about 5 months ago and it was fine. So am very concerned. My dr was concerned, but blew it off as it must be because im pregnant? Dr Google is not being kind lol! Would love to know if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have it myself but had regular testing because I have a liver condition. There are a number of pregnancy related liver conditions so I would definitely be keeping an eye on it. Have you spoken to an OB about it or was it the GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had high results in my first pregnancy, during the 2nd trimester though. They were about 4 times what they should have been. Had further blood tests a few weeks and the results were even worse. In the third lot of blood tests, they were suddenly back within normal range. The doctors had no explanation, just 'one of those pregnancy things'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would talk to your obstetrician/midwife. It is quite normal however to have elevated cholesterol levels in your pregnancy, so the AST and ALT. but talk to your doctors

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had unexplained elevated liver tests 2-3x normal in second trimester that resolved eventually but was monitored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know some other people have experienced this. It was through my local gp. Not my regular dr though. Will make sure i query in more detail and maybe get repeat bloods when I see him in a couple of weeks.