+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi from a tubal reversal hopeful mumma to be

Hi,
    Im 26, Have 2 boys who are 6 & 8 and next month undergoing tubal ligation reversal to hopefully welcome baby #3 into our family.
    Hoping to find anyone who are in a similar circumstance or have been :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow. I'm surprised a doctor did that op on someone so young. Sorry no advice but I wish you the best of luck! What makes you choose the reversal over IVF? (Sorry I know nothing about it so curious!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello how are you. We are having reversal booked in next year. I had to think long and hard as our son has ASD. So I kept thinking more.

I had my tubes done when I was 23.

I don't plan on getting preg for another few years. But I keep hearing the longer they are done the higher chance harder to conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend at school had it done after no3 then changed her mind wanting no 4. They had it done but still had to go IVF for no4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I know I will more likely need Ivf but I have bad complications from ligation too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my tubes reversed March 2015, as you know @monnie24 I've had no problems getting pregnant however other issues have caused reoccurring miscarriages. The surgeon you will use gives a really high success rate of pregnancies and given your age, I doubt you'll need IVF. All of my symptoms following the ligation have subsided after my reversal too, thankfully!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm worried if I do IVF I will end up with twins or triplets we are such fertile people lol! And now reversal etc and I don't want get preg until near 30 (27 next year) lol freaking out I'm so sorry for your loss Hun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (13-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IVF doesn't cause multiples. Most often not. Especially when they would only put one embie back at your age

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt have troubles falling pregnant after the reversal either all ended in early miscarriages, i finally had a pregnancy stick after 9months and am 23weeks pregnant. I had my tubes tied for 5 years