+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Ebay and unpaid auction

I recently sold an item of clothing on ebay via auction. I have that they have 3 days to pay from the end of auction. The 3 days are up and the buyer has not paid nor messaged me.

I plan to message them if they haven't paid by tonight. But my question is - is it worth taking it through the Disputes thing with Ebay if they don't pay? I read the process and basically it seems to include them contacting the buyer, asking them to pay, then if they don't ebay closes the dispute and nothing happens as buyers can't receive bad feedback. They tell you to relist.

Anyone had experience with a non-payer? Is it worth going through disputes or just giving up and relisting? (I just have a feeling this buyer will agree to pay, then won't then a month down the track I still haven't sold the item)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

eBay can't make them pay. My understanding (though I haven't been in this situation) is you open a dispute and they basically get a few days to pay. If they don't eBay should refund you any lost fees for listing the item and the buyer (or non buyer) gets a strike against their name. 2 strikes and they can't bid on any of your stuff

That's my basic understanding anyway. I refuse to use eBay anymore to sell stuff. It's hopeless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I had a non buyer at auction. I messaged them after 2 days and they didn't reply. I raised a dispute but in the meantime offered it to the second highest bidder which they took. It was a dress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately there was only one bidder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    They might just be a bit slow or perhaps waiting for you to tell them the shipping cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would dispute it because the buyer gets an unpaid bidder strike on their name. When you list things there's an option to not allow anyone with unpaid bidder strikes to bid on items you sell too. Also disputing it means you don't get charged any fees.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    I would dispute it because the buyer gets an unpaid bidder strike on their name. When you list things there's an option to not allow anyone with unpaid bidder strikes to bid on items you sell too. Also disputing it means you don't get charged any fees.
    This. For about every 3 things I sell on eBay one will not be paid for, drives me a bit crazy. I give them a week then open a dispute case, then relist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently learnt a hard lesson with a non payer. My dd2 was in hospital with sepsis and I saw something I had listed sold in an email not even thinking I got hubby to post it without even checking it had been paid. I was so busy and didn't want to forget to post! Now she won't pay, she bid and didn't even have a PayPal account when I said PayPal was the only option for payment. Anyhow it makes no real diff other than a strike to them and you can receive credit for your eBay fees that's it. It sucks will never make that mistake again! Good luck I would just relist it and change your user settings so people with bad pay records can't bid on your items

Thanks
    Reviews
    eB.ay dispute process seems to favour the buyer more than the seller in my experience. I would send an email to the buyer and say if the item has not been paid for by THIS TIME and THIS DATE you will be cancelling the sale and relisting the item. It's really not worth it, I have not won a dispute as a seller, but have won every dispute as a buyer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can't make them pay, but you need to dispute it. They've broken ebay's rules if they don't pay, but you've broken them if you relist without disputing. Best to follow the rules, be treated as a good seller and not be charged he fees.
    It's really frustrating, but unfortunately seems to be happening more and more...lots of people using eBay now who don't even know how it's supposed to work.