+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    what is the difference between the hcg or a normal appetite suppressant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    how do people even get this hcg??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't actually get the pregnancy hormone.

Days 1 & 2
    Eat as much as you want, focusing on good quality fat, such as cream, butter, eggs, coconut oil, nuts, high fat meat and fish etc. This is so much fun!

PHASE 2 & 3.

Days 3 to 24
    Eat fruit, salad, vegetable and meat (there is a vegetarian version) but in specific quantities - this is where you will begin to lose approximately 300gms on average a day, we've seen people lose 2 kg in 24 hours. The stored fat that is being released per day equals approximately 2500 calories of fat and nutrients that your body will use for energy and health. It is important to drink a lot of water to flush the fat cells.

PHASE 4.

Days 25 to 35
    This is where you stop counting calories and you start adding foods to your diet again. This is where you will learn your greatest knowledge about the foods that make you healthy and the foods that cause inflammation and sickness. This is a very important phase that educates for a lifetime health and maintenance of weight. Done properly this will help you forever maintain a perfect weight, an increase in energy and health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the HCG diet after I had DD4. It was so hard at first but the HCG works in a way that suppresses the appetite. I dropped weight fast in the first few weeks, but it eventually stalled. Your friend should be under the guidance of a doctor, I was who talked me through every moment plus gave me meal plans each day.
    As for the weight, as soon as I stopped, the weight came straight back on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was really big a few years ago - prob around the time Cindy OMeara started promoting it. I knew a few people that did it, yes they lost weight but most of them eventually put back on. I think anyone would lose weight on 500 calories a day. I don't believe it's the kind of diet that is supposed to be followed long term.

Like any diet it's not going to be much good if the dieter isn't prepared to change their lifestyle from then on in. If they go back to old habits, weight will come back on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    how do people even get this hcg??
    People take drops or injections - I'm not sure if it's homeopathic or synthetic or something? It's been a while since I looked into it so I could be remembering wrong. The idea when the phases (as a PP said) is to eliminate foods and then gradually reintroduce them so you can work our what your individual system likes/doesn't like - if you put weight on while reintroducing something, it means it inflames your system so you might want to avoid it once you've finished the four phases/avoid for life