+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the update!
    Your poor little man looks so itchy. I had this with my son and through process of elimination I worked out is eczema flared up with dairy and tomato (plus washing powder). Well done for working out the possible allergy. Hope you can get on top of it soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first bub had eczma as well and after numerous visits to GP we finally found one who worked with dermatologists at the westmead childrens hospitals. Her advice to treat was to get the rash under control with prescribed cream whilst also bathing in derma veen bath oil and moisturising everyday with aveeno daily moisturiser. I still moisturise to this day my 3.5 year old. Agree tou should investigate the root cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Possible dairy intolerance?

Yes we have experience with egg allergy. It sounds like the reaction was enough to be classed as an allergy, it would most likely come up as a positive for allergy when tested.
    Did the lips swell?
    You needed to stop giving anything with egg in it for now, go to the gp and get either a public or private allergy referral. Public waiting lists can be very long. We only waited 3 months on adelaide though. They will do skin pricks And determine by the size in mm how severe it potentially can be. Out dd got 3 and 4 mm for egg w and egg yolk. That's considered medium and have been told only give baked egg products until further testing in january
    Last edited by Kazza78; 29-09-2015 at 13:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we saw a GP yesterday who has recommended that we avoid feeding him egg for a couple of months then try and reintroduce with something that contains egg, not just straight egg. I asked whether or not I should cut out egg but he was confident that I could keep eating it as bub wasn't having a reaction to it.

Now we just need to stay on top of the eczema to stop the itching!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave up dairy when bub was about 3 months as she had some streaks of blood in stool and was very mucousy. She had mild eczema and was unsettled. She still is. First time we tried egg she got red marks like this around her mouth but more subtle. Also had few hives on hands that all went away quickly. I found gp to be pretty useless. He said unless she starts to swell just keep on offering but I've been unsure. I kept off for a few weeks and now she has foods with egg in it like baked goods and home made burgers with no reaction but she will not touch pure egg so I can't even check. Does your bub have all dairy now? Mine has had eczema flares that I thought were from upping dairy but her older sister gave her a glass of milk and she didn't get worse no hives or anything so now I have no idea whether there is any connection. She is 15mths and still breastfeeds a lot daytime and 4+ times overnight she is not a good sleeper