+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default What attitude a out sex do you want to pass on to your kids.

What attitude do you want to pass on to your kids regarding sex.

After reading a another thread it got me thinking about what attitude I am passing on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That it is special, something done in a loving relationship. It's totally ok and normal but not something to be treated or used lightly or without feeling.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    That is an expression - physical and emotional but not always at the same time.
    A feeing and a moment shared with someone who wants to share it with you.
    Be safe and feel safe - if you don't want or they don't want to, then stop.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (18-09-2015),mummyrissa  (19-09-2015),Sethysmum  (19-09-2015),smallpotatoes  (19-09-2015),VicPark  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default What attitude a out sex do you want to pass on to your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    That is an expression - physical and emotional but not always at the same time.
    A feeing and a moment shared with someone who wants to share it with you.
    Be safe and feel safe - if you don't want or they don't want to, then stop.
    This. But I'd also like to encourage them to wait until they are in love. Not abstinence as I kinda think that's a recipe for disaster but I definitely feel I was too quick to loose it and wish I had waited.

But no matter how healthy of an outlook I want them to have on it it still doesn't mean I'm ok with hearing my parents or my kids hearing me! 😉

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

jb23  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That it's something people do for a variety of reasons - usually because it feels good or to feel close to someone. That their body is their own, and it's up to them, no one else, to decide what they want to do with it and why. To know their own mind and to talk openly with thei partner about what they do or don't want, and that if they make mistakes/regret things, it's an opportunity to learn from. That consideration and respect for a partner is paramount, and that consent can't be assumed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *That having sex is nothing to be ashamed of
    *That you can say no. You do not owe anyone sex if that is not what you want... you don't have to have it just because you have been together for x amount of time
    *Be safe
    I'm sure there is more but it is too early to think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's it something you do because you want to, it's ok to say no at any stage. And it's OK for your partner to say no.

That it's fun and you should enjoy it, it should be fun for both people, don't do anything that you don't enjoy.

That it can have unintended consequences so you should be safe 100% of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    That it's something people do for a variety of reasons - usually because it feels good or to feel close to someone. That their body is their own, and it's up to them, no one else, to decide what they want to do with it and why. To know their own mind and to talk openly with thei partner about what they do or don't want, and that if they make mistakes/regret things, it's an opportunity to learn from. That consideration and respect for a partner is paramount, and that consent can't be assumed.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    That's it something you do because you want to, it's ok to say no at any stage. And it's OK for your partner to say no.

That it's fun and you should enjoy it, it should be fun for both people, don't do anything that you don't enjoy.

That it can have unintended consequences so you should be safe 100% of the time.
    And this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    agree with this.

what annoyed me about my upbringing was that sex was something not to be taken lightly. that you weren't supposed to just enjoy your body within a casual setting if that's how you felt.

I don't think there is anything wrong with or any shame in fun, consensual and safe casual sex. you don't have to be in a serious relationship to enjoy your body. so long as you're respecting yourself and the other person, it's ok to have fun.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (19-09-2015),amyd  (19-09-2015),Moxy  (19-09-2015),VicPark  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    *That having sex is nothing to be ashamed of
    *That you can say no. You do not owe anyone sex if that is not what you want... you don't have to have it just because you have been together for x amount of time
    *Be safe
    I'm sure there is more but it is too early to think
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post

This