+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drop in progesterone

Hi guys just after a little advice if possible. At 4wks 2d my progesterone was 122, 4 days later at 4wks 6d progesterone has dropped to 80. Hcg is doubling so that's great however as I have had previous miscarriages I'm concerned that the big drop in progesterone is not a good thing.
    I have a GP appointment on Monday but need to get through the weekend without stressing too much!
    Does anyone know if these levels are ok or is this much of a drop a bad thing? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump. Anyone 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Brulee, I think ur still ok. I'm pretty sure they like prog to be ard 25-30 at this time. I was 30 something at 4w5d and still going strong at 11w. Ur blood levels of prog are not constant, they peak and dip I believe through diff times of the day which is why u might be getting diff numbers each bt. I wouldn't stress, I think ur ok. All the best with the rest of ur pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Drop in progesterone

@Brulee

Don't even stress about it. For a normal pregnancy levels at that point are on average around 25-30 and you're way above that.

Progesterone cycles up and down in your blood during the day so another test the same day would have a different result.

Going up and down doesn't hurt the baby.

HCG causes progesterone to rise not the other way around so you don't need progesterone to "rise" to push up the HCG. You just need it to be present around about 25-30 minimum.

Mine dropped like that (and more, right down to 40 in early pregnancy) and this baby is as noisy as they come. Also as of today he won't wear pants (4months old).

Congratulations on your pregnancy, stop googling things and buy a reputable pregnancy book to read instead. You need to only take advice from reputable sources.
    Last edited by ScubaGal; 19-09-2015 at 10:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys for your input, greatly appreciated. I think my head has been wrapped around hcg rising that when the prog drops I automatically went to panic mode!