+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    @little miss I'm dying to know- did hubby cave and allow you to call the pest man to spray the house?

We've just moved onto acreage and it's only 5 minutes down the road from where we were previously, but the sheer amount of creepy crawlies in this house is insane! Spiders- white tails, red backs, huntsmen and some other freaky looking dude last night, moths- so many moths!, millipedes (everywhere- they love joining me in the shower!), and tiny little bugs that got stuck in our fresh wall and tile paint
    Get the house sprayed Noms. We live on acerage too and the bugs, spiders and wasps were dreadful when we moved in. We got it sprayed pretty quick because of the wasps, and it made a huge difference. We didn't do it again last year as things seemed to stay away, but might this year as the wasps are out already. And I really don't want them all over my verandah!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    @little miss I'm dying to know- did hubby cave and allow you to call the pest man to spray the house?

We've just moved onto acreage and it's only 5 minutes down the road from where we were previously, but the sheer amount of creepy crawlies in this house is insane! Spiders- white tails, red backs, huntsmen and some other freaky looking dude last night, moths- so many moths!, millipedes (everywhere- they love joining me in the shower!), and tiny little bugs that got stuck in our fresh wall and tile paint
    In short - no. He let me have a hoselink hose instead to please me....

I bought like 12 cans of surface spray (yes I did it not DH) which has taken the "edge" off the invasion but we haven't had any rain to drive them back inside. He also thinks I was exaggerating and they weren't funnel webs sigh.

Sucked in to him grabbing a towel off the floor and having a huntsman climb on him yesterday lol. And I squished a giant silverfish on HIS side of the bed (with the sheets) and it was so gooey and I refuse to wash them haha

I strongly recommend spraying if your DH will allow it. You to get a little better dealing with them but the fear never leaves you. Millipedes are yucky too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (14-10-2015)