+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    If that made you laugh, I have another one.

When dh and I started dating, so about 9 years ago, we were heading for lunch when a big hairy huntsman crawled out of the air con vent in the car. Whilst the car was still moving I jumped out, it was going about 40km. I refused to get back into the car and walked home.

Dh had cleaned the car and sprayed it with spray within an inch of its life to convince me it was safe to ride in the car again. Nope, I made him sell it, there was no way i was getting back into it!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    OMFG. that is like my worst nightmare right there.
    A couple of years ago I was picking something up and the guy at the shop put it on my back seat for me. This was pre-baby and I never had much use to be going in my back seat. He says ah just think you should know there's a massive spider web on your back seat and behind the drivers seat. WTF?!!! I drove home in total fear (only 10 minutes thankfully) and made my DH spray a whole can of bug spray through the car and take everything out and vacuum every inch. He couldn't find the spider! I don't have that car anymore but not for that reason lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work in PNG and found this one day while walking through the bush....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1443257406.526326.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OMFG I hate spiders!!

There is a daddy long legs in the corner staring at me...just daring me to yawn I know it!!!

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    If that made you laugh, I have another one.

When dh and I started dating, so about 9 years ago, we were heading for lunch when a big hairy huntsman crawled out of the air con vent in the car. Whilst the car was still moving I jumped out, it was going about 40km. I refused to get back into the car and walked home.

Dh had cleaned the car and sprayed it with spray within an inch of its life to convince me it was safe to ride in the car again. Nope, I made him sell it, there was no way i was getting back into it!

This happened to us early in our relationship. I saw the spider (big huntsman) as we were driving and mentioned it casually as I wasn't too bothered by it. Dh slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car. The spider ran off under the bonnet I think - we never found it. I thought dh's reaction was hilarious at the time. 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Oh my word!! He he and he still married you 😉 We had huge one in our car one day and I tried to spray it out thought it was dead under the seat. Picked kids up from school then getting out of car at shops dd screams and I look up and the big hairy thing was on the roof inside just above her head! So glad the car had stopped at that point. Luckily I was able to shoo it out of the car that time.
    Yep we've been together for almost 11 years and married for 5. He'll never let me live it down though he loved that car

6. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a cat. Cats are immune to spider toxins and love to eat them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw this and thought of this thread

http://mobile.news.com.au/technology...-1227545760669

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    😳😳😳

There's no cure for stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably about 8 years ago, we were in the car with my DH driving. I looked down and saw a huntsman walking up the leg of my jeans. I just started this insane, inarticulate screaming.

My husband didn't miss a beat. Pressed the button to wind his window down, reached over and grabbed it and chucked it out the window.

That incident confirmed my suspicions that I'd married the best man in the entire world. 💞

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fox in Sox For This Useful Post:

amyd  (13-10-2015),Californication  (27-09-2015),Freyamum  (28-09-2015),gingermillie  (27-09-2015),mumoftwoboys2005  (28-09-2015),TheGooch  (27-09-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    @little miss I'm dying to know- did hubby cave and allow you to call the pest man to spray the house?

We've just moved onto acreage and it's only 5 minutes down the road from where we were previously, but the sheer amount of creepy crawlies in this house is insane! Spiders- white tails, red backs, huntsmen and some other freaky looking dude last night, moths- so many moths!, millipedes (everywhere- they love joining me in the shower!), and tiny little bugs that got stuck in our fresh wall and tile paint