+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    Why do you keep referring to other problems?

Okay so to answer your question II personally don't have much in the way of memory recollection before 5yo. I remember my 4th birthday and a few other certain events but really most of my early memories start at around 5 and 6 hence me starting to worry about my 5 year old hearing us. Obviously in the first 12 years when we had no kids it wasn't an issue (how that didn't register with you I have no idea) and as babies/toddlers I didn't stress all that much as I figured they won't remember

Honestly I am sorry I posted this question here, I visit these forums about twice a month but I tend to lurk than post unless I read something I feel I can contribute to.

You ask me why I don't post, you've just answered your own question, no wonder the Dads chat thread is dead. Jesus H Christ no one is forcing you to read my post.

Anyway to all of you who responded with actual helpful posts, thank you.
    Your reasons for waiting until now to address the noise somewhat make sense - thanks for the clarification.

I suppose what I'm getting at - quite poorly obviously - is that I find it weird that the only thing a user needs help with on a parenting forum in well over a year is of a sexual nature. Perhaps this speaks more to my suspicious nature than any suspicious activity on your part - who knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is really interesting actually. It's not something I've ever thought about but after reading this discussion I'm going to ask my DH how he feels about it. We are only TTC #1 so the issue hasn't come up, but I know I am pretty loud, and at this point, he loves that.

I walked in on my parents a few times (I know because they've told me) I don't even remember it. Sex was never taboo in our house, it was talked about openly as a way grown ups showed they loved each other and I was glad I knew all about it at an age where rumours were flying around the schoolyard. I remember hearing my parents on a fair few occasions growing up and it would make me giggle, but it definitely didn't traumatized me. Actually, I know as a young teenager I used to roll my eyes and pretend to be mortified, but secretly I was kind of proud, because in a time where many of my friends parents were constantly fighting and divorcing, mine were totally in love.

In saying that, it mortified my brother if he ever heard anything. But to this day, anything raunchy makes him die of embarrassment. He still likes to pretend, as his sister, I am a sweet virginial angel haha.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (19-09-2015),SheWarrior  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can see why men never post on here. Third degree much?

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

DreamyMummy  (19-09-2015),DT75  (20-09-2015),Full House  (19-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2015),jb23  (19-09-2015),just her chameleon  (19-09-2015),monkeymama  (20-09-2015),NoteToSelf  (19-09-2015),Olive Oil  (19-09-2015),smallpotatoes  (19-09-2015),waterlily  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Your reasons for waiting until now to address the noise somewhat make sense - thanks for the clarification.

I suppose what I'm getting at - quite poorly obviously - is that I find it weird that the only thing a user needs help with on a parenting forum in well over a year is of a sexual nature. Perhaps this speaks more to my suspicious nature than any suspicious activity on your part - who knows.
    I must be weird because I don't think there is anything off or suspicious about the OP. at all. Good on his for asking but I doubt we'll here from him again after this.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Full House  (19-09-2015),Happymum2  (19-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2015),jb23  (19-09-2015),just her chameleon  (19-09-2015),monkeymama  (20-09-2015),Olive Oil  (19-09-2015),waterlily  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I'm sorry you feel like you can't post on here. I think it's great you asked for advice. I'm not surprised you feel like you can't ask questions.

Don't let a few ppl stop you ..

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I thought it was a great question and made me reflect on our bedroom volume.

A longer term answer, finances etc allowing is considering the layout of your house.

I thought the suggestion of TV/Music/White noise was also good. As well of course as having a conversation about it.

Good luck

Our longer term plan is to extend off the back of the house which will put the parents bedroom at the opposite end of the house to the kids rooms. This is not solely so we can have noisy s!x but definitely to allow us some privacy as the kids get older.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thats a little harsh. People ask relationship questions all the time. It is all part of parentingm It is obviously a big deal to the OP and he needed some ideas and perspective. A lot of us don't feel comfortable asking our friends - so we ask here.

I hope you got some great ideas from some of the ladies here. I do know where you are coming from and I'm sure you can work something out with your wife (I like the white noise idea. You can even leave the tv on in the lounge so the kids don't become 'suspicious'!).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it makes perfect sense. The OP can get clarification on a personal issue without having to ask any of his friends. That way his wife's right to privacy is being protected, but the OP can get advice on something that is bothering him. You must be a super suspicious person IRL, cause the OP's posts aren't suspicious at all to me.

OP, it's a shame you feel like you've been given the third degree. Hopefully you've been given enough good advice that you feel like you can approach your wife with your concerns. Are your kids light sleepers? Our kids sleep through fire alarms, music, the vacuum...if yours are the same then it's very likely that they'll sleep through noises your wife makes. They're also at an age where they are probably likely to ask what the noises were, because they're not old enough to know what s.ex is. So if they're not asking about the noises, then they probably aren't hearing anything.
    Last edited by Full House; 19-09-2015 at 12:45.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2015),SheWarrior  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense. The OP can get clarification on a personal issue without having to ask any of his friends. That way his wife's right to privacy is being protected, but the OP can get advice on something that is bothering him. You must be a super suspicious person IRL, cause the OP's posts aren't suspicious at all to me.

OP, it's a shame you feel like you've been given the third degree. Hopefully you've been given enough good advice that you feel like you can approach your wife with your concerns. Are your kids light sleepers? Our kids sleep through fire alarms, music, the vacuum...if yours are the same then it's very likely that they'll sleep through noises your wife makes. They're also at an age where they are probably likely to ask what the noises were, because they're not old enough to know what s.ex is. So if they're not asking about the noises, then they probably aren't hearing anything.
    I would never have asked!
    But my now Mr 8 did! He was 4.
    Told my dh to stop hurting me because of the noises.
    I would put a recording device (phone or tape /mp3)in the kids room. That way you both can hear what they would.
    If she isn't bothered by it after that I have no advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    I would never have asked!
    But my now Mr 8 did! He was 4.
    Told my dh to stop hurting me because of the noises.
    I would put a recording device (phone or tape /mp3)in the kids room. That way you both can hear what they would.
    If she isn't bothered by it after that I have no advice.
    I think it's a fair assumption that kids below the age of 6 would ask or make comment about the strange noises coming from mummy and daddy's room. Did you hear your parent's when you were 4 or 5? I don't recall ever hearing my parents and our bedrooms shared walls. I'm sure they weren't perfectly quiet every time they had s.ex in the 18 years I lived with them.
    Last edited by Full House; 20-09-2015 at 09:37.