Closed Thread
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @krysta and @Julie malooley more s/s of pred to look forward to. Actually on that im supposed to start when I start stim injections according to fs nurse. But as my fs doesn't know and I'll be getting it off my gp any tips on how to ask for it? Obviously he knows im going through ivf but still not sure he will give it to me? Also how long before symptoms show up once your on pred?
    Just tell your GP that your FS is adding Prednisone to your drug protocol on your upcoming Cycle and that you need to start it when AF arrives but you haven't got time to get to the Clinic to pick up a script so they suggested you see your GP for it instead.

I'm not sure how much you've been recommended to take, but like @leyshoja/JM said..be able to tell your GP the dosage and for how long you'll need to be on it. The standard immune protocol is 12 weeks if you get a BFP but it could be longer if you've got known immune issues.

Also, @Chiefsgirl recommended some Vit's/supplements you should take while you're on the Prednisone to replace what it might potentially leech from your body I think?? Can't remember them offhand but am sure Chiefs will chime in with them again

P.S...The Pred made me feel like a scattered mess and gave me insomnia for a while until I got used to the side effects (so take them first thing in the morning!!). I also put on weight (always did when Cycling regardless) and "Moon Face" as well It can cause changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist). All worth it of course, but still frucking sucked at the time!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (02-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanx ladies. @Julie/leyshoja great tip will definitely try that. I like your plan.

@krysta im like you but sometimes the truth gets me into trouble so wasnt sure as obviously i dont want to be told no. So a half truth it will have to be. Fx.

@Bib im like you every time i cycle i gain kgs so im really not looking forward to that bit. I already have dry skin and a comfy body from immune issues. I will just have to say thyroid is broken again as my cover story. Maybe i need to start running again instead of just walking oh but i have zero motivation

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),Blossom74  (02-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol, I don't run unless there is a big dog chasing me!

And even then, I only have to outrun my husband - not the dog!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),Charlie74  (03-10-2015),infinity888  (02-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015),Natter02  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @krysta haha ill take dh with me then lol to be honest there's not much point in starting to run cause it would take a month to get there and then id probably have to give it up when my cycle / pregnancy started as both would make me sick i recon. Ah well ill just have to get used to wearing flowy dresses lucky its spring 😂

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),Blossom74  (03-10-2015),Charlie74  (03-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Thanks hon.. And how did u find out about the HLA matches? Did both u and DH both have blood tests? Do u think Dr M checks for that routinely?

Interestingly in the bloods I've just done for Dr M my results are better than previously, my ANA in was 1:2560 & now is 1:160, thyroid peroxidase antibodies were 151H & now 66H.. My uneducated guess is that the prednisolone I was on in July/August for my stim cycle has actually had an affect.. I've also been sick with colds twice since then so I guess my immune system was lowered.. Will be interested to see what Dr M says about it all.

I was reading some stuff last night about immune issues also affecting egg quality, particularly thyroid problems.. I hadn't realised that.
    Yes the hla was a blood test through the Red Cross, it cost 345odd each and takes about 6-7 weeks to get results.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infunity888 when taking prednisolone you need to take extra folate, more than in your pregnancy multi. You can go to the chemist and get megafol 5mg for about $5.

You also need to take extra calcium and magnesium. The steroids (mainly at the higher dose that I am on, but still required whatever dose) strip your body of calcium, the magnesium helps your body receive the calcium. I also get major cramps if I don't take extra mag. I take them both in powder form for easy absorption.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 yes thyroid issues play havoc with fertility. I have a friend with hashimotos who struggled to conceive her second baby, but got the thyroid under control and got pregnant.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015),Charlie74  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl thank you so much i will stock up on the mag and calcium already on the megafol 0.5 which i think is 5mg also does everyone take elevit or is there a better one on the market ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    For prednisolone just ask for panafcort I was on 2 x 5mg daily but some people take more. I reckon a gp would subscribe no probls as long as you know what you want. Or try a bulk billing place they are likely to ask less qn. Same with getting progestrone script ive said exactky what I need including brand name and dosage no probls. I just say my fs is away and this is what I need.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015),infinity888  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 I was taking bm conceive gold then was going to change to bioceutical range which is better.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post: