Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor congrats on being PUPO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol yeah what's up with that @Tahli - I know it redistributes your fat store, but whyyyyy onto my butt? Why not up top Ffs?? On a brighter note my weight went up but has now been stable for a couple of weeks so I've plateaued thankfully. For a while there I thought it just keep expanding until I went off the pred !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Lol yeah what's up with that @Tahli - I know it redistributes your fat store, but whyyyyy onto my butt? Why not up top Ffs?? On a brighter note my weight went up but has now been stable for a couple of weeks so I've plateaued thankfully. For a while there I thought it just keep expanding until I went off the pred !
    You'll just keep expanding because you're up the duff instead!!!😉😁

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Corbes, yes I need to try to keep that in mind. EVERYONE is excited for us and that's why they all ask. I've already banned DP's father from coming over for dinner tonight though, as it will be the first time I've seen him since DP told him and I really can't be bothered talking all night about how he knows I don't want to talk about it and just to let me know that he's not talking about the fact that I'm not talking about it and won't talk about it to anyone else etc etc. Gawd he goes on. Lovely guy but give me a break !

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),winsor  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol so it's not just me !?!? That's a relief. Does it also give you super dry skin?
    JulieMalooley
    (Wondering when my name change wil take effect...)
    @Julie/leyshoja It's interesting you mention it, but I've been on the Prednisolone for a few weeks now and the skin on the backs of my hands is peeling.

This is new for me....

Krysta

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @krysta and @Julie malooley more s/s of pred to look forward to. Actually on that im supposed to start when I start stim injections according to fs nurse. But as my fs doesn't know and I'll be getting it off my gp any tips on how to ask for it? Obviously he knows im going through ivf but still not sure he will give it to me? Also how long before symptoms show up once your on pred?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @krysta and @Julie malooley more s/s of pred to look forward to. Actually on that im supposed to start when I start stim injections according to fs nurse. But as my fs doesn't know and I'll be getting it off my gp any tips on how to ask for it? Obviously he knows im going through ivf but still not sure he will give it to me? Also how long before symptoms show up once your on pred?

Hi infinity,

As far as how to ask for a Prednisolone script, I am not one to beat around the bush! I'd just say that you've heard it can be beneficial and would like to give it a go, and see how you get on. It's the luck of the draw I think - you'd know your Doctors better than I. I know when I asked for Progesterone I was flatly refused. Not much you can do about that, other than try another Doctor!

By 'symptoms' do you mean side effects of the Prednisolone, or symptoms of pregnancy after transfer? I've read that many women feel just fine on the Pred, although my own experience with it is fairly limited. I have the dry skin of course, and an insatiable apppetite, but other than that I generally feel quite well. I've heard/read that it can mask some pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness.

Krysta

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @infinity888 I got around it by telling my Aus FS that the Cape Town FS has asked me to go on it for the cycle. I started putting on weight within days I reckon, but the dry skin and shakes took a few weeks for me to notice.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),Charlie74  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I also told my Aus FS a very specific dose and time frame that 'they' aka 'ladies on BH' had recommended. So when I said that the Cape Town clinic wanted me on 15mg up till 12 weeks of pregnancy he just prescribed it If I'd been more vague about the length of time or dose, I doubt that he was going to.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 I got around it by telling my Aus FS that the Cape Town FS has asked me to go on it for the cycle. I started putting on weight within days I reckon, but the dry skin and shakes took a few weeks for me to notice.

Tricky, tricky! You did well there

So I am not alone in the weight gain, hey? I swear to God, I am quite literally packing it on.

Granted, the vanilla slices are probably not helping, but....the damn hunger never goes away.

I'm blaming the Pred, anyway....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-10-2015)