Closed Thread
Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    FOUND IT !!!! Just not as clear as yours @BlondeinBrisvegas but definitely a hamburger !! Thx.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    FOUND IT !!!! Just not as clear as yours @BlondeinBrisvegas but definitely a hamburger !! Thx.
    Good Shiz Luv!!!!

It's all systems go Girlfriend!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli You don't need your Hamburger to be a "Whopper" Luv...a "Whopper Junior" will do the job nicely😁

That's fair enough about splitting the eggs too & doing 50/50.

Hoping & praying for at least 10 juicy follies for you today!!😊 Will be stalking for your update!!xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanx so much blondeinbrisvagas i have so many new things to try and new information to digest it increases my excitement as a couple of months ago i had given up but now i have found you girls im feeling hopeful again. Yippee thank you thank you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #17

@infinity888 I'll share my list worth you -
    Pregnancy multi, low dose aspirin, vitamin d x2, fish oil x2, calcium x2, coq10 ubiquinol (was on 600mg in prior to egg collection), selenium drops, n-acetylcysteine powder (makes a drink) x2. The last 2 things are prescribed by my Natropath, I'm gluten & dairy free (changed on advice of Natropath after 4 unsuccessful cycles & made a big difference in the amount & quality of eggs we got). And I get fertility acupuncture. The only 2 bfps out of 7 cycles have been with acupuncture. Whether it actually helps or not, I find it very relaxing. Hope this helps 😊
    Last edited by Petal40; 18-09-2015 at 15:24.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

infinity888  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    Thanx so much blondeinbrisvagas i have so many new things to try and new information to digest it increases my excitement as a couple of months ago i had given up but now i have found you girls im feeling hopeful again. Yippee thank you thank you
    I'm glad you found your mojo again #infinity888

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me to levshoja me too😉. Petal40 thank you it seems you are all on similar baby dust boosting meds. I think i remember you getting a bfp to ??? Congratulations. Ive got some catching up to do but i feel i am on track now to babies in the near future woo hoo bring on vit D, baby aspirin etc. Shopping trip tomorrow i think. Ha ha any excuse

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015),Petal40  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    infinity888 - Re Acupuncture

I also did fertility acupuncture. The recommendation is that you start weekly at least 3 months prior to an IVF cycle (just like everything else 3 months seems to be the timing around all sorts of hormone regulation and improvement of egg quality, for women). BUT don't let that put you off if you are closer to a cycle than 3 months. The sooner you start the better IMO.

ALSO there is a 2nd component to fertility acupuncture that you can do just at transfer time whether you have done anything else or not (though you usually need to do a session prior to this for the practitioner to do an assessment and plan). Day of transfer you do acupuncture immediately before transfer (literally as close as you can - I used to go to acupuncture then straight to the clinic for transfer) then you have another session straight after (yes after transfer go straight back to clinic). Some big clinics have in-house acupuncture (Genea is one I believe) so you don't even leave the building. It means transfer ends up taking most of the day but I did the full acupuncture 'treatment' this cycle and it worked (in conjunction with everything else !). I can't remember where you are location-wise but if you happen to be in Sydney I can recommend someone if you are interested.

The Brazil nut thing is about Selenium and the pineapple core eating is another hormone that the body creates at the time of implantation - both are meant to help if you eat them in the 2-3 days after transfer. Who knows but I love both normally so ate them anyway.

I am also a believer in just getting on with life. Day of transfer, I always tried to take it easy but still got out and about and did things. Then afterwards just made sure I got as much sleep as I could and always did a non-strenuous walk each day - recommended by the Acupuncture practitioner to get a good blood flow to the uterus. Otherwise, life goes on and the more it did the better it was to distract myself. In fact, my last cycle was overseas and I kept travelling for a further 2 weeks including dragging bags through multiple international airports, on the London Tube, etc. It made the 2WW almost disappear and i had a great holiday too.

Finally - about clinics and costs. This business is a huge drain on finances BUT after having doing it for 5 years my recommendation is that you get all your ducks in a row, do all the preparation & research you want, don't stint on things, eg if you want embryo testing, or a certain doctor, etc, you are better to delay a cycle and save more for it than do another cycle that is 70% what you want and having it fail because you didn't think you could afford one component.

Also, Private Health Insurance pays for itself whe doing IVF 10 fold. Even if you have a 12 month waiting period when you sign up, I think it is worthwhile getting into asap. If your next cycle works - great then you can cancel your PHI but if you are still going 12 months down the track you will be very thankful for the it. I delayed my last cycle and had 7 months to get 'everything sorted' and I am 46. You don't want to wait years between but you dont' want failure after failure either - it takes a toll on your mental and physical (and relationship) health.

Overall, think of the $$$ spent in IVF as an investment not as an expense - I hope that makes sense.

Good luck.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (18-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015),skye76  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Here's a pic of my lining on Cycle 4. That's what Trilaminar looks like.

Wazza made an "example" of my "Hamburger" to another patient so I got to keep the pic after he'd finished������

So..in the middle where it's white is the "meat patty" @ the dark part above & below are the "buns"������
    I've now seen far more of you than I thought I ever would.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Leyshoja - your progesterone shows you're down regulated so you're fine, you've got nothing to worry about - your lining is good and base level hormones low.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015)