Closed Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @leyshoja mmm seems i have few more to add. Where do i buy sandrel from? Chemist over the counter? @krysta haha no cats but i like your style. Oh and im allergic to fish so no chance of that. No fish oil either im planning on walking too soon. Sure it will help. As for lifting tbh i lift alot and i cant get out of it. Its my job.... i train alot of students but its not an easy task to get out of even with them around. Lol i have got 2 days off post transfer but then back to work. Also caffiene. I have x2 cups instant a day. Ive cut all other caffiene out diet coke chocolate etc but just cant budge on these 2 is this BAD. If yes then i might just cry a little lol damm these babies better be cute when they are here haha

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015),Blossom74  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure where to get the sandrel from sorry, it was passed onto me by another BH member.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My books all say you can have 2 cups of instant a day, as long as it's not mind-numbingly strong! I am a diet coke addict too, but I've cut down to one can every second day. It's not good for me anyway. Chocolate....well, I'm trying, lol. I can only do my best.

Actually, this is one of my issues. I am about 12 kgs over my healthy weight range, so I'm really making a concerted effort to mend my ways it's not easy though, food and I do not have a good relationship. We love each other too much, lol.

Krysta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I always try to keep in mind that people fall pregnant all the time and don't know it while going about their usual daily business - which would include lifting. Back in the 'olden days' people would be doing hard labour in the fields and still managed to sprout out kids. They say to relax on day of transfer but after that I go about my usual life - minus alcohol and limiting myself to 1 or 2 normal strength coffees per day.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015),Blossom74  (18-09-2015),Bongley  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point @leyshoja.

After all, babies can be conceived during highly stressful and turbulent times, such as during wartime, and they still come out just fine.

It's only the "whole IVF thing' that makes us more aware of what our bodies are up to. Many people have no idea they're pregnant til a couple of weeks go by and they think "Hmmm, where's AF?!"

Krysta

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Here's another tricky question for you lot - if my lining is that thick - can it be anything other than trilaminar ? Eg does it only become trilaminar when its over 5mm or something like that - or can it just NOT become trilaminar ever for some reason ?
    It can become thick but not Trilaminar apparently from what I've been reading. Though based on your thickness+E2 levels, I'd be surprised if it wasn't!!

ETA- Your lining when measured is usually referred to as being either Homogenous (meaning the endometrium all has the same structure) or Trilaminar (triple line pattern).

Trilaminar in appearance in combination with a thickness of ideally >8mm is optimal for embryo transfer.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-09-2015 at 13:43.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (29-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015),Tahli  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And aaaaahhhhhh thats a huge sigh of relief from me. Ladies you are so right thanks for the perspective. Relax relax relax. oh and yes im hearing you about weight krysta ive put on 8kgs in last 2 yrs of ivf. Hoping to shed a few in the nxt 2 months before im sure to put it back on from the predisone so it seems reading this thread. However i am then hoping to get proper huge due to being pregnant so really who am i kidding lol thanks again ladies. I will look into sandragel and see if i can find out more. Also my fs has me on a new trial. I think it will be a 1 off ??lupron injection 6dp transfer. 1st study in Australia but has been trialed os. With great success so im told. Those ladies who go os have you heard of this it is supposed to help with implantation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Here's a pic of my lining on Cycle 4. That's what Trilaminar looks like.

Wazza made an "example" of my "Hamburger" to another patient so I got to keep the pic after he'd finished😁

So..in the middle where it's white is the "meat patty" @ the dark part above & below are the "buns"😁
    Attached Images

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (18-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-09-2015),Tahli  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Here's a pic of my lining on Cycle 4. That's what Trilaminar looks like.

Wazza made an "example" of my "Hamburger" to another patient so I got to keep the pic after he'd finished😁

So..in the middle where it's white is the "meat patty" @ the dark part above & below are the "buns"😁
    Wow that's a clear pic ! I've got nothing like that will check again shortly

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @infinity888

This is what my FS had both myself and DP on to help with egg/sperm quality plus help with lining etc.

For Her: Folic Acid (Megafol brand usually over the counter at the chemist) 1x5mg tab a day, Berroca 1x day (I substituted a Mega B capsule instead), Fish Oil 1000mg's a day, Zinc- 40mg's a day, Vitamin E 500mg's (1000iu) a day, Co-Enzyme Q10 200-400mg's a day (I did 300 mg's a day), Low dose aspirin 100mg's a day, DHEA 3x25mg caps a day, Melatonin 1x5mg capsule at night. I also added Vit D as I was low in it and Fresh Royal Jelly (1/2tsp a day) but you could take it capsule form too.

For Him: Aloe Vera Juice 20mls at night, Zinc 40mg's, Pumpkin seeds >10 per day (I just gave DP 1 tbs of peppita's every day), Folic Acid 5mg's a day, Goji berries 1xtbs a day or 20 mls a day of Goji berry juice, Selenium 100mcg/day.

You can take all of these right up until EPU (except the DHEA, you have to decrease to 1 capsule a day from Day 2 of stims until EPU).

You need a script for the DHEA & Melatonin here in Aus as you need to go to a Compounding Chemist to have it made up for you. In saying that, many of the Girls doing IVF buy it online from overseas (I-Herb I believe is one place).

As for the Lupron....Yes, apparently a one off shot after embryo transfer is sometimes used to aid implantation but I don't know how it works to do that??? Usually it's used to down regulate you the same as Synarel in a stim Cycle...very bizarre!!!

Don't worry about a couple of cups of coffee FFS's!!! The recommended guideline for Preggo women is no more than 200mg's a day of caffeine, so stick to that which is what I did when I was Cycling

What else you can do?? If you don't already get given Valium pre and post transfer, get some!!! 10mg's and hour before transfer and 10mg's that night Many FS use it to prevent the uterus contracting when you have your transfer.

All the other "old wives tale" stuff like Pineapple Core or Brazil Nuts etc I don't believe make an ounce of difference personally but you can give them a go if you want to. I never tried Acupuncture, but a lot of Girls have. If anything, it will help keep you calm and relaxed during your Cycle/ET, whether or not it actually makes a discernable difference?? Who knows??

Glad I put a smile on your dial Luv!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-09-2015 at 14:29.