Closed Thread
Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    up the spout

BRITISH informal
      no longer working or likely to be useful or successful.
      "his petrol gauge is up the spout"

(of a woman) pregnant.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Charlie74  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post

I've only done one cycle and feel like I'm on the road to crazy town even though I consider myself a rational sane person. I agree there is a flurry of activity and attention at the beginning of a cycle and then it feels like you get abandoned..... the no contact was a big contrast to the beginning of the cycle

Yep, this is exactly how I felt. It was very much "Here's your cycle, take these drugs, lie down here, get up and get out, didn't work, see you next month...."

No wonder we feel like we're going round the twist

This is partly why I took a couple of months off between cycles. Aside from the fact we had other things going on (changing jobs, moving house etc) I felt like I hadn't had the time to grieve the cycles that didn't work.

This was compounded by the fact that I didn't have anyone to help me get through that process. Hubby is great, don't get me wrong - but he was off at work all day and I was left rattling around the house, in a new town, all by myself.

Had my clinic been closer I would have sought help, but I can't afford to travel for 5 hours to chat to someone, especially when the advice is generally "Let's just move onto the next cycle and see how you go with that...."

Krysta

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit disturbing that it means 'pregnant' and also 'no longer useful or successful' I wonder if that is a coincidence..............

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Charlie74  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post

Ta for your good wishes @krysta! I'm gong to push for 100% natural fertilization with SD1. 25 y/o eggs partying it up with 23 y/o sperm...a uni party in a petrie dish!! Wish me luck as I now have my embryologist completely & utterly off-side by gong over her head to my FS (the clinics owner). She hasn't even returned my last 3 emails. Oh my!

Sounds like a good recipe for a baby to me! I reckon with young eggs and young sperm you have the odds stacked in your favour @Tahli. I'll be checking this evening for an update, but I'm crossing my fingers for at least a baker's dozen for you love!

Re: The Embryologist, 'meh. Sometimes you have to upset people to get what you want. It's not about doing what they think is best, it's about following your gut instinct and doing what you need to do to get through in one piece with some shred of sanity at the end Stick to your guns love.

Krysta

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta74 View Post

My fear with the whole thing has always been "How do I cope when there is no 'next round'?" Our finances will dry up shortly - the house deposit we had saved is gone, and we have no-one to borrow from. So what then? Faced with no further rounds, I would be all kinds of devastated, and from what I hear Medicare is not going to play friendly next year anyway, so even though we thought we had enough set aside for one more go, we don't now. I am holding onto hope that THIS TIME is it for us. But yes, how to deal with it all emotionally is hard, and I have a lot of demons to deal with at the end of all this, as we all will.
    @Krysta74 are there any cheaper/public clinics near you? I wouldn't have been able to keep going if it hadn't been for how cheap RPA is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    up the spout

BRITISH informal
      no longer working or likely to be useful or successful.
      "his petrol gauge is up the spout"

(of a woman) pregnant.

So we all got it right!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-09-2015 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli and prayers being sent for at least a "bakers dozen"!!!

Oh fruck the Embryologist Luv!! I agree with @Krysta74. Sometimes you have to walk over the top of someone in this IVF game to make sure you're going to get what you want.

One of the biggest lessons I learnt was to rely on myself above anyone else and if I wanted something that was important to me/us to happen then I damn well went and did the job myself and made it happen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @leyshoja How you going today Luv?? How's the hand??

@winsor and sending prayers for lots of lovely follies brewing away there in "Ovary HQ"

Hello to all the other Lovelies..............

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

winsor  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Tahli, I too will be stalking for an update. It's 3.44am here @BlondeinBrisvegas and the jet lag has really screwed up my sleep. That and the 3 per night toilet stops I'm now on again thanks to progesterone. Not sure what I'll do today. Options are working - boss has told me to work as much or as little as I like, but this week is all time in lieu of weekend work I've done, so I don't feel obligated - eating, foot massage, a bit of shopping, eating, drinking, eating, walk on the treadmill, eating... My hand egg has gone down and just a whopping bruise now but my forearm where they ended up putting it is sore. @Bongley whyyyyyyyyyyyy ?!?! It eats me up when an embie that you 'know' is good doesn't implant. Thank god you've got those other good 'uns! My last cycle with the two 'perfect hatching blasts' is the one that bothers me the most. Not even a sniff of HCG. An embryologist once said to me that humans are notoriously inefficient re producers compare to all other animals. Seems she was right. As I said tho, I don't count it as a BFN until 14dpo so I. Still hoping and praying for you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja lol, 'hand egg' sorry, sorry, I'm sure it hurts, I shouldn't laugh yes, must admit it has worried me a bit, now wondering if there are implantation issues. Still, two more to go and then we're out. I have no more energy and money for investigations.

@Tahli yep, let us know what the latest is!

AFM I've started spotting which I am glad of. Hopefully I can get a full flow going so I can call it in.
    Last edited by Bongley; 23-09-2015 at 11:58.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)