Closed Thread
Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Haha I got that bit, just never heard the term. Is that a BIBism?
    I think it's a British term?? @Bongley might be able to confirm that😊

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Up the duff, yep that means pregnant. Up the spout not so sure about, that might mean its broken? Really can't remember. Been a while since I've lived in Blighty

So BFN here again this morning. 13DPO Quite keen to just get the BT test done so I can come off the meds and start CD1. Have to wait until friday. Urgh.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Blossom74  (23-09-2015),Caesardust  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Bongley Frucking Boo!!!😦

I'm sorry Luv😦 Was so hoping you'd get a BFFP first go too (((hugs))) Can understand why you just want to get the BT over with so you can get going again.

Can you do back to back transfers???xo

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-09-2015),Bongley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Bongley Frucking Boo!!!������

I'm sorry Luv������ Was so hoping you'd get a BFFP first go too (((hugs))) Can understand why you just want to get the BT over with so you can get going again.

Can you do back to back transfers???xo
    Yes, they said I can go ahead straight away. I wish we'd got it first go too, so does my wallet. Moving house and going through IVF has got it's own circle of hell in dante's inferno I think.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Blossom74  (23-09-2015),Caesardust  (24-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    'Morning ladies,

First up, @Bongley - I'm so sorry about the BFN love. I was really holding out hope that this might be your time My first attempt failed miserably, hardly surprising since hubby and I were in the middle of moving house (right across the state, lol) and he was changing jobs. Once we had settled in and established ourselves (I actually requested 2 months off from IVF so that we could have a break and get organised), we felt ready, rather than rushed. Fingers crossed this is the case for you too love.

@Charlie74 - Thank you for letting us know about the high incidence of PND in IVF patients. I am not surprised to be honest. I have felt the whole process to be quite clinical and rushed - you get loaded up with drugs, pushed through a cycle, rejected at the end and then all of a sudden your back to do it all over again. There is no time set aside for dealing with how you're feeling - at least that has been my experience, anyway.

@Tahli - Good luck today finding out about those donor follicles! How exciting for you! I am hoping for a nice big batch of healthy eggs for you today. Have you decided how to proceed re the donor sperm? My gosh that is a lot of money! Still, if you have a good feeling about SD1, why go against that for an extra grand?

@leyshoja - Sound to me like you were part of a target practise game with the resident work experience person Such a pity, but hey, at least you have a nice bruise you can milk for sympathy! It will be all worth it in the end.

@Infinity - Many of your comments resonated with me. You know, this whole 'being herded like cattle' process of IVF is bl@@dy hard. My clinic offers counselling but they are 5 hours away - I am unlikely to take them up on it. Throughout our whole time with IVF I have often felt rushed and forced from one round to the next. Extreme highs followed by extreme lows, and then back onto the next round.

My fear with the whole thing has always been "How do I cope when there is no 'next round'?" Our finances will dry up shortly - the house deposit we had saved is gone, and we have no-one to borrow from. So what then? Faced with no further rounds, I would be all kinds of devastated, and from what I hear Medicare is not going to play friendly next year anyway, so even though we thought we had enough set aside for one more go, we don't now. I am holding onto hope that THIS TIME is it for us. But yes, how to deal with it all emotionally is hard, and I have a lot of demons to deal with at the end of all this, as we all will.

@BIB - Hi love, how's things with you? I must say, the time you dedicate to holding us all together is so appreciated. You are like the fount of all knowledge around there!

Krysta
    Last edited by Blossom74; 23-09-2015 at 06:47.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Bongley  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Krysta74 I'm good thanks Luv😊

Definately not the fount of all knowledge...just a research junkie😁 A legacy from my IVF days!!

Good Luck at your appoint today!! Will look out for your update😊xo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry this cycle hasn't worked out @Bongley. At least you can go straight into another one.

thanks for that info @Krysta74 and @Charlie74 re IVF and PND. I've only done one cycle and feel like I'm on the road to crazy town even though I consider myself a rational sane person. I agree there is a flurry of activity and attention at the beginning of a cycle and then it feels like you get abandoned. Once I had my EPU I had 4 long weeks til the PGD result which was abnormal. No-one contacted me about that - I don't really know what I wanted them to do but the no contact wa a big contrast to the beginning of the cycle - even after the EPU they called me every day for 3 days ( I think because I was an OHSS risk). Anyway at least I know what to expect this cycle.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Blossom74  (23-09-2015),Bongley  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry this cycle hasn't worked out @Bongley. At least you can go straight into another one.

thanks for that info @Krysta74 and @Charlie74 re IVF and PND. I've only done one cycle and feel like I'm on the road to crazy town even though I consider myself a rational sane person. I agree there is a flurry of activity and attention at the beginning of a cycle and then it feels like you get abandoned. Once I had my EPU I had 4 long weeks til the PGD result which was abnormal. No-one contacted me about that - I don't really know what I wanted them to do but the no contact wa a big contrast to the beginning of the cycle - even after the EPU they called me every day for 3 days ( I think because I was an OHSS risk). Anyway at least I know what to expect this cycle.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Blossom74  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm so sorry love. Huge hugs. I know that feeling of resentfully shuvving the meds into your body even though you just want to crack onto the next cycle. Will you still POAS for the next few days - just in case? However I am absolutely thrilled you can get cracking straight into your FET.
    Yest I had a whole hour to myself in the middle of the day so I got my calendar out & planned when I can do 2 FET's in Nov & Dec of this year. It helps me ALOT to see a clear path. Now I just need those gorgeously young eggs!! Please, please, please let there be 10+ follies tonight!!!
    Ta for your good wishes @krysta! I'm gong to push for 100% natural fertilization with SD1. 25 y/o eggs partying it up with 23 y/o sperm...a uni party in a petrie dish!! Wish me luck as I now have my embryologist completely & utterly off-side by gong over her head to my FS (the clinics owner). She hasn't even returned my last 3 emails. Oh my!
    @leyshoja I'm sorry to hear about your black golf ball, ouch!! How long did the session take and how did you feel for the rest of the day? Any wisdom you'd like to impart about it? What are you up to today?
    @emski72 How did your POAS go this morning?
    Hi there @Kelly70
    Last edited by Tahli; 23-09-2015 at 08:19.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015),Blossom74  (23-09-2015),Bongley  (23-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015),Kelly70  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad to read your cycle is ok with the synarel communication problem @leyshoja the black egg on your hand sounds delightful! Jeeze things we have to put up with.

Hoping and praying to hear some good news from you @emski72

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (23-09-2015)