Closed Thread
Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    @Ducky01 I am so pumped for you!! I can’t wait to hear your numbers today. I know my DH would be exactly the same - a total debbie downer about the whole thing until bub was actually here and screaming the house down. I’m sure it’s just a self-preservation thing – although hard when you just want them to be excited with you! Hope they are quick with the results so you don’t have to wait too long for the phone call!!!

@MamaKes That’s great that you are narrowing down some donors! I bet it makes it seem a bit more real. Donor age is a tricky one. Do you go with the ‘perfect’ donor who is a bit older, or the less than ideal one who has age on her side? Tough call, I’m not sure what I would do. Have you locked in timing for when you’ll go to CT yet?

@Bluemeeple Good luck for transfer today!! That is a great result, and really encouraging about your DH’s sperm. Fingers crossed for some blasties.

@Ree888 I can’t believe you are 9 weeks! I can imagine it would be very hard to take it easy in your type of work! I’m glad your bleeding hasn’t been too bad though. Fingers crossed for an awesome update next Friday.

@Keiko2012 How are you feeling? Hope the weeing issues have resolved and you are resting up at home now.

Afm, still jabbing away. Scan on Friday and EPU on Monday. I’m just hoping that we at least end up with similar to what we had last time. I’m a bit worried it was a fluke and we’ll go back to our usual crap results! Ah well, fingers crossed and time will tell.
    @MrsChino nothing locked in yet. Have sent in a basic email enquiry to CFC and no reply since Saturday. Weird. I'll try again tomorrow. Yes I'm seeing appealing donor profiles with really similar looking features and some are proven by their own one or three children at 29-31, and not as spot on but young donors under 23. Will keep refining my list. I'd like to go by March ideally. I still have a lot of saving to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bluemeeple - this bfp was from a single star embryo (knicknamed superstar) as well- the plan was for a double transfer but the scientist in the transfer room talked Wazza out of it literally last minute because this single one looked so good the risk of multiples was too high so the fact they were only willing to transfer one is actually a really good sign- congratulations! You are a Wazza patient, right? If so hope you enjoyed your valium sleep last night
    @StillHopeful - thank you!! It's just nice to get proof that it's worth fighting the fight because IVF for me has been the hardest thing I've ever done.
    @Heyside - I'm so sorry this is such a drawn out cycle for you. I really hope there are answers today. I guess at least you can be assured you don't have implantation issues so the lining thing is ok. Is he still thinking a blighted ovum most likely?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (05-12-2015),Heyside  (03-12-2015),StillHopeful  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - best of luck tomorrow- has it felt like the stimming has gone quickly? You know this cycle I stimmed for only 7 days- in retrospect it was such a strange cycle. Get DH to sit on an ice pack for 10 mins or so every night til EPU day- it's a Wazza trick and was the first time we did it and maybe it helped. We also did Picsi - you are too right? I also think this helped. I also did acupuncture but only 1 session post transfer because I ran late and missed pre transfer but I don't really know if that made any difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    Just a quick note - initial HCG of 1600 today! I literally only just got the result- 11 hours after the bloods were taken! I'm happy with that. DH is being a downer and said it wasn't that high and I've snapped at him and told him not to comment on things he doesn't understand because it's fine. Men! Seriously! Anyway I know it may not stick around but it's a start and that's all I can go with for now.
    Anyway I'm now proof that after 6 full stims and minimal remaining optimism that one can actually implant!
    Yaaahhhoooooo!! You've bettered my first hcg which was high for 12d5dt at over 900!! 1600 is HUGE!! Maybe your superstar embie decided it was SO special it had to split into two and be double trouble!! I am so so happy for you love. 6 is the magic number it appears - this was my 6th transfer, your 6th stim - @MrsChino surely you're next!! Wazza is the man and will be such a loss to the IVF world when he retires.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bluemeeple congrats on being PUPO!! How exciting!! I agree with ducky, if they would only agree to one, it must have been a very good quality one so try not to be too disheartened. And 6 seems to be a lucky number so on your 6th stim I have everything crossed this is it for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    @Ducky01 I am so pumped for you!! I can’t wait to hear your numbers today. I know my DH would be exactly the same - a total debbie downer about the whole thing until bub was actually here and screaming the house down. I’m sure it’s just a self-preservation thing – although hard when you just want them to be excited with you! Hope they are quick with the results so you don’t have to wait too long for the phone call!!!

@MamaKes That’s great that you are narrowing down some donors! I bet it makes it seem a bit more real. Donor age is a tricky one. Do you go with the ‘perfect’ donor who is a bit older, or the less than ideal one who has age on her side? Tough call, I’m not sure what I would do. Have you locked in timing for when you’ll go to CT yet?

@Bluemeeple Good luck for transfer today!! That is a great result, and really encouraging about your DH’s sperm. Fingers crossed for some blasties.

@Ree888 I can’t believe you are 9 weeks! I can imagine it would be very hard to take it easy in your type of work! I’m glad your bleeding hasn’t been too bad though. Fingers crossed for an awesome update next Friday.

@Keiko2012 How are you feeling? Hope the weeing issues have resolved and you are resting up at home now.

Afm, still jabbing away. Scan on Friday and EPU on Monday. I’m just hoping that we at least end up with similar to what we had last time. I’m a bit worried it was a fluke and we’ll go back to our usual crap results! Ah well, fingers crossed and time will tell.
    @MrsChino nothing locked in yet. Have sent in a basic email enquiry to CFC and no reply since Saturday. Weird. I'll try again tomorrow. Yes I'm seeing appealing donor profiles with really similar looking features and some are proven by their own one or three children at 29-31, and not as spot on but young donors under 23. Will keep refining my list. I'd like to go by March ideally. I still have a lot of saving to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside aargh! I'm so sorry this is dragging out so much I really hope all is sorted soon. Hugs xoxo
    @Bluemeeple congrats on being PUPO! May the 2ww be short and uneventful!
    @keiko how are you feeling hun? I hope you are now at home recovering. Wee issues suck!
    @StillHopeful have you felt Spidey move yet at all? I don't think i felt dd until almost 20 weeks (anterior placenta) but i know it can be much earlier for some! Hope you're doing well x
    @MamaKes that's great you have narrowed down some donors It would be a big decision to make.
    @Ree888 9 weeks! Wowsers! Hope you're doing alright xoxo
    @Ducky01 WHOA! How stoked must you be right now?! What a result! Have you got another beta tomorrow? I am so, so happy for you hun. Hooray for bird poo!!!! Xoxo
    @MrsChino we are jabbing buddies! Let this be the one hey as an awesome Christmas present Hope your scan goes well on Friday xo

Afm still jabbing trying to get a bigger follie. Day 17 scan yesterday and still tricky to see but there was a dominant follicle happening but only about 10mm. My body has always been so slow! Last ivf cycle i stimmed for 21 days! My lining however had gone up to just a smidge under 9mm so was happy with that. Increased gonal f to try and grow that sucker and just using the digital ovulation tests so we don't miss that LH surge. Scan booked for Monday but I have a blood test form in case I detect a surge before then. This morning was the first day it showed high fertility which I had for 4 days last time before peak so we shall see! Actually feeling like this might happen I really, really want a Christmas miracle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - sorry this is dragging out for you. I know what that's like. @BecT - good luck with the continued jabbing.

My DH said this morning - where are you at with your injections ? - em, I'm not injecting, we just finished a cycle remember with nothing normal to transfer!! - don't think he's in the same headspace as me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady thanks hun Argh men! They really don't have a clue lol. I just get the 'so where are we at and what's the program' and when I answer it's met with 'I will leave that baby stuff up to you'. Oookay lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy moly @Ducky01 1600 is fantastic! Dunno what your DH is on about – have a look at betabase – 1600 is absolutely awesome for your dpo. Will you have a repeat BT? So with the icing, was it 10 mins just once a day? I made DH do it this morning, and he looked at me like I had completely lost my mind when I came at him brandishing an ice pack lol. But he still did it, good man. Yep, we’re doing picsi as well. Hopefully it will all do something!

@BecT How exciting that things are happening! Come on surge, and good luck with the scan on Monday – let’s get ourselves some Christmas miracles!

@Green lady I had to shake my head at your DH’s comment! I know mine has come out with a few corkers too – you’d think he’d know the drill after doing this so many times, but I guess he doesn’t spend every waking moment obsessing about it like I do

@MamaKes That’s exciting about your CT plans. We have friends who went there and now have 2 gorgeous boys after many years of heartache. That will be our plan b too if it comes to it. Good luck!

Oh @Heyside I’m so sorry. I don’t blame you for not having a good feeling about it. If only it would sort itself out so you could move on. Fingers crossed for your biopsy results today.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

BecT  (03-12-2015),Heyside  (03-12-2015),MamaKes  (03-12-2015)