Closed Thread
Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Green Lady - When I was with my old FS I was never allowed to go straight into another cycle and had to down regulate using the pill each time. That's why it took nearly all this year to do 3 FETs which was so frustrating. Speaking to both Warren and Charlotte though both of them had no issues with going straight into another cycle so maybe it depends on each individual FS view.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BecT - oh hun sounds like you went through a few dramas there how upsetting. Was the suction curettage as brutal as it sounds? I just think it sounds awful but I suppose you wake up an are unaware of most of it like most procedures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside I would've been due next Monday and I am still having counselling. The whole thing has left me with anxiety issues related to all this baby stuff, mostly because it was so drawn out I think. The procedure itself wasn't so bad. I woke up bawling which was a bit embarrassing (dang drug haze let my guard down lol. Ugly crying in recovery ain't cool lol) and had some bad cramps which they gave me fentanyl for but I was fine after that. Second one I just had bowel issues from the anesthesia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BecT @Heyside - I had a d and c at 8 weeks for mine. Mine was also really drawn out - scan at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 8 weeks before they would call it. HCG was 15,000 but dropping slowly. No foetal pole or yolk sac seen at any scan but they wouldn't call it til 8 weeks. Was mental torture. Was over Xmas and I think they couldn't be bothered doing a d and c on 24th Dec at 7 weeks. Was pariticularly unfair as 23 Dec was when I lost my second child at 28 weeks in 2008 yet no sympathy for the impact on me mentally was shown. Anyhoo - my recovery from d and c was thankfully without symptoms. Had it on 30 Dec and next AF came about first week of Feb. hopefully they scan you and call it early and then give you the option of d and c or waiting naturally. I wanted closure so didn't want to wait ( and also had morning sickness).

like BecT I also had bowel issues afterwards ( common for me). Had to take laxatives was awful!
    Last edited by Green lady; 28-11-2015 at 08:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! Gosh things move fast in here, I am finally able to reply to all! Be prepared for a novel (he he).
    @Green lady - I am so sorry to hear that your PGD embryos came back abnormal. That must really just be such a blow. But then at the same time, you haven't just wasted 2 months and the costs of 2 FETS to find out they all didn't work. Big hugs. I am surprised they graded your embryos in the first place, mine have never been graded and I am told they don't do that at the clinic. (Maybe mine are just so terrible they don't feel like they should!). I think you would be right with having another stim cycle now. I know they like you to have at least a month off in between. I've always needed a longer period off. But I guess financially couldn't have afforded back to back cycles anyway. Just check xmas opening times- as they might be closed for transfer etc- depending when AF shows up next.
    @shelby27 - Congratulations to you! Very Exciting. Hoping it continues to rise nicely for you.
    @BecT yay for your upcoming Fet. How come they make you take Gonal F when you are doing a FET? Did you find some needles? I could look around here and see if there are any leftovers- could bring them to the city at lunch time if you still need some? Did you talk to FS about the baby aspirin? God people have a nerve asking whether you are pregnant, they should just all mind their own business! Congrats on the weight loss- that is a top effort!
    @StillHopeful Oh no about the Flu shot!!! I hope you are feeling so much better by now . Any flutters or kicks yet? Hoping they settle in soon for you and you can enjoy your pregnancy. I'm sure its all exciting when that starts to happen Any plans for xmas? Ha ha, I did see that FB list of people getting pregnant- one of my work colleagues sent that to me. I guess in theory they are right but not when your bits just epically fail you time after time!
    @Ree888 Omg i never replied to your cat pic. The poor guy! ha hahaha. Is the cone of shame off now? Hoping he is feeling better. Also congratulations on your last scan and upgrading to an OBGYN!
    @MrsChino - How is the swimming treating you? I can just imagine the excitement factor must be just about zero when having stemmed for 6 times. You poor thing. You've still got one frosty right? Hopefully this cycle has just as much success as your last one- if not more
    @Heyside - You poor thing. It would be awful being stuck in limbo land so long. Do they think your hcg will keep rising or it might spontaneously drop by itself?
    @mrsthomo - hoping you will get a nice BFP surprise. But being a fellow POAS aholic I know all too well what this peeing on sticks with single lines feels like. In your head you just want to know and think peeing on a stick will soften the blow- I'm really not sure it does. I guess it makes BT day a little easier! And eBay cheapie are definitely not a sensitive. Let us know how you go with the FRER's.
    @Ducky01 Good luck with BT day. Are you going to POAS the night before. I am so crossing everything I have for a beautiful positive for you! Time to get of the IVF bandwagon I say!
    @Bluemeeple congratulations on your pick up! 17 sounds fantastic- hopefully you get great fertilisation and many beautiful blasts from it. Let us know how you go

Hope everyone else is ok that I might have missed. I do think we need a roll call too.

AFM yep it will be weird going into surgery for a non egg pick up. In a way I am more relaxed about it as I won't need to worry about fertilisation, making it to transfer, getting ****ty news all over again. Busy weekend here, I think that's just what I need to keep myself from stressing over Monday. Sometimes working in the medical field doesn't help. Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes. Hopefully I won't run- see a million staff I already know..... Why oh why am I being treated at the place I work for- seriously! lol.

I also got that email about price rises. Is anyone mailing/emailing in. Well mailing would be too late at this stage as it needs to be in by tomorrow. If I can find an email I will have to. It's already so expensive and we don't know how to afford our feb cycle- god knows if we can cycle at all in feb if these prices change. And I kinda have to since I'm having the lap and drilling.... Double edge sword.... ugh!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (28-11-2015),StillHopeful  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady that really is torture The things we have to do!
    @keiko Thank you so much Past Bec was smarter than I gave her credit for I kept the needles but threw the box so I am good. I have just enough in date to get through the weekend but they were open, they just don't advertise it she said. I'm doing gonal for a FET because my ovaries suck lol. Day 12 and little follies which always seems to happen so the fsh is to try to get them moving. We just need one dominant one but no joy. Will see if this helps things along a bit. It's only 100 a day. Scan Wednesday. Ugh. I will be thinking of you Monday!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

Green lady  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 - in hindsight it's better not to know the grade. It gave me false hope and made the crash after the bad results worse. I wish I hadn't known one was a good grade as I got hopeful it was normal. Just so frustrating that they grow to day 5 or 6 are a good grade but still chromosomally abnormal. Even more annoying is I keep reading info from US sites where they seems to be able to do PGD testing in a matter of days yet here it's 3 weeks for results. I don't understand as I thought AUS would be ahead of the game in IVF terms.

good luck with the surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay lucky @BecT hopefully the fsh will make thing go ahead a bit faster!
    @Green lady I know that in Melbourne you can get your PGD results back in 3 days too! That's where the lab is, that's why. It's frustrating isn't it- and just feels like a waste of time when you really don't have time to waste. It just doesn't make any sense that a perfect looking blast would be abnormal. If you are doing another stim- will you do PGD again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 - definitely will do PGD again. Without PGD I woukd have transferred those embryos thinking I had a chance as were good grade but they were doomed from the start. So for me anyway I can't rely on the fact they got to blastocyst stage and were a good grade as any indication that they're normal. It's probably different for younger ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady and @Keiko2012 You can do the quick turnaround PGD in Brisbane too through QFG - I was given this option 2 cycles ago when we tried to do PGD, but our embies weren't good enough quality to biopsy so we didn't end up doing it. Basically, they time your cycle so that EPU happens on a Monday, they remove 1 or 2 cells from each emby on day three (Thursday) and fly them (the cells) down to Melbourne, do the quick test, and ring through with the results on the Friday afternoon so you can go ahead with a fresh transfer on the Saturday (day 5) if any normal ones are found. It's much more expensive than the slow option, but good if you want to go ahead with a fresh transfer. We would have done it if we could have! Neither of my FSs have allowed back to back cycles either - both have always made me wait for a natural AF before starting again.

Good luck on Monday @Keiko2012 I will be thinking of you! And fingers crossed you don't see too many colleagues lol. Hopefully it will be a nice quick recovery for you and the surgery does you a world of good in the baby making department. Yes, I got that email too. I sent a few emails off on Friday to the Prime Minister and various senators. I doubt it will make any difference, but I figured it was worth a shot. And now I can feel a bit special knowing that the PM knows all about my fertility issues!!

@BecT I'm glad you tracked down some gonal f needles! I was going to offer you some too as I seem to have accumulated 50 billion of those things. Fingers crossed the drugs do the trick and nudge a dominant follie into action.

@Bluemeeple Well done on your EPU! What a haul. Hope you're feeling okay and not too sore after all that.

@shelby27 Congratulations!! Amazing news! Wishing you all the best for a happy healthy pregnancy.

@Heyside Thinking of you

Not much going on here. Jabbing away and hoping something is happening in there. Scan on Monday so fingers crossed. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (28-11-2015)