Closed Thread
Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BecT I am so sorry there are no words, it just sucks
    Putting all my faith in your last frozen embryo xoxo

Mrs Chino good to hear everything went well with the ex FS 😜 yay for starting! Come on AF! X

Ree888 sorry to hear about another announcement, it's good you were able to be honest with her. People don't mean to be insensitive, they just have no idea how hard this journey is At least you were able to make her think twice and be grateful. I must admit no matter how hard IVF has been, I would be stressing if the embryo split lol! Just worried how I would enjoy 2 whilst being so busy, can't be for the faint of heart. But for us who just want that BFP so bad no matter 1,2 or 3! It hurts

Heyside great to hear things went well with Wazza and you have started meds! Hopefully the time speeds up now that you are being proactive Only my sisters knew at the wedding. The bar looked at me a bit weird when I asked for lemonade in my champaign glass for my speech 😂😂 and in their weird Macedonian orthodox ceremony I was fed a square of bread that I now know had a dab of red wine on it (although that's better than what I thought it was- someone else's lipstick! 😂) but I'm sure no harm was done there.

Mummymaybe WOO HOO! Congratulations! Hoping the OHSS is settling.

Ducky are you going to test out the pregnyl? You're the next bfp! 😜

AFM I am very grateful for MS thus far. It's a little bit of reassurance everyday when I worry about other symptoms going. I also got some zofran from the GP after the 2nd beta was confirmed and one of those when I have been nauseous in the morning has been a god send

Taking the kids to see snow tomorrow! Will also be my first snow experience too 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention (how could I?) WORST CONSTIPATION EVER! 😁😁😂 I try to think of it as labour preparation 😏😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to you @mummymaybe! That is great news! Makes the OHSS worth it I'm sure

Well AF has truly arrived with a vengeance today. I woke with awful cramps at 3am this morning and practically crawled to the bathroom and kitchen to get and heat the heat bag. So so bad. At least today is day 1 and I am seeing Wazza this afternoon to do a FET plan. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 - hope you are going ok and the heat pack is serving you well. It's always such a kick in the face when you bleed like a mofo after a failed cycle- it's that final bit of salt in the wound. Are you starting on a medicated FET straight away?
    @Heyside - exciting that you can get started straight away- will you get your scans etc locally or travel down to QFG?
    @StillHopeful - enjoy the snow! I'm so bad at skiing I created a human pile up in the kiddies section. Disaster!
    @mummymaybe - how you going?! I guess your numbers are proof there's really such a thing as a late implanter hey- that embie must just have kicked back and chilled for a while. When do you get bloods again? Has your OHSS continued to flair? I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now. Just a bit gross from this progesterone regime.

im really tired from all this progesterone! I just want to know the outcome so I can potentially stop it but it will be a while away as I have another pregnyl booster on the weekend! I've fallen asleep watching tv at 9pm all week. Grandma alert.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Ooooo Ducky tired is a good sign!! 😜😜 when is your BT? Damn boosters take the fun out of being a POAS addict 😩 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Ducky01 yes it is a kick in the face isn't it. Saw Wazza yesterday and he seemed genuinely really disappointed for me. He said he expected it to be positive as it was a great looking and graded embryo, and my lining looked great. Transfer went well etc. There really isn't anything different we can try, but he said he might do two lots of intralipids before transfer this time and another on the day straight after transfer. I have to go in tomorrow morning for a scan to make sure the lining is all gone and it looks clear up there, and if all looks good we're doing a medicated FET straight up. We discussed the possibility of transferring two embryos which he is more open to this time, but he said he'll see how they thaw and how they look because if they look fantastic we'll only do one.

That progesterone really does wear you out - I feel for you!! I know exactly what you're going through. Stay strong and look after yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs @Ree888! That's cool you can get straight onto it though!

Hahaha @StillHopeful the urge to push is so like needing to do a big poo hey! I told myself the same thing lol. Thanks progesterone! Tell Spidey I said hi
    @Ducky01 aka grandma, I hope you can squeeze in a nanna nap! What are pregnyl boosters for? I've seen them mentioned before but not used them?

Afm just visited my friends at s&n pathology haha I've started to go to all different ones because I feel like a weirdo practically living there. I still haven't had any cramping/spotting/bleeding so had hcg checked. Sooo I need to lose weight now! I need someone to smack food out of my hand and chase me with a hot poker lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BecT - pregnyl boosters are another form of luteal support- Wazza likes to over do it with crinone, prog pessaries, oral tablets and pregnyl boosters. I'm a whinging progrsterone mess. I will retract my whinging if it works. I'm so not the person to help slap food out of your hand. My food choices lately have been less than stellar! Yesterday's included a pie for lunch. I felt like a tradie but I just had to have that pie and I've been doing zero exercise to warrant it. Mmmmm pie. Let us know what your HCG is doing. Frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw @BecT I feel for you! All those blood tests - how are your arms looking and feeling? I hope it's over soon for you.

Had my day 2 (or 3 - bit confused about days!) scan this morning and some bloods taken. Frustratingly, I still have a lining of 7-8mm, when it should all be gone. Can't start the new cycle yet. I have to go back on Tuesday for another scan and if it is still there we have to wait til next month 😣. Bit bummed as I really just want to move forward and this last cycle is just hanging around. I doubt it'll be gone by Tuesday as my bleeding has pretty much stopped for now. No idea why...my body doesn't know whether it's coming or going! Grrrrr. He touched on the one or two embryo topic again and said I *may* be able to do two...fingers crossed, as last time he made mention there was a possibility that perhaps my eggs produce lots of chromosomally abnormal embryos which is maybe why none of them stick, so if these embryos are a bust, then next time around he would recommend pgd testing. That was tough to hear and has been playing on my mind - I would much rather transfer two at a time if that's the case than waste money on 4 separate transfers. The cost is $750 per embryo - ouch!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday - it's been quiet in here the past few days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No wonder you are tired @Ducky01! Holy progesterone, Batman. Every now and then you need pie. Maccas hot apple pies are the only pie i do lol. When is your blood test?

Thanks @Ree888 Surprisingly my arms look fine. I made sure i had plenty of water before each one so there was no trouble or bruising, just a few pin pricks. Holy wow pgd is expensive. If it saves more heartache it will ultimately save money on more cycles i guess? I hope all is looking good to go by your next appointment x

Finally started bleeding this morning! Probably more excited than I should be but I am so happy to end this chapter and focus on the next. When i get a proper af after this I can have another FET and those blood results will be back by then.