Closed Thread
Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - omg what a surprise!! Are you having to go to Bris for BTs or just having them locally? I hope it's good news on Friday!
    @Bluemeeple - how are your needles going? Are you doing the half half thing with donor sperm or just using all donor? Good luck! I only stimmed for 7 days this time so my needle time was brief! Mind you it was 4 needles a day- not so nice.
    @mrsthomo - what a nerve wracking wait! I don't opt to get updates regularly- I turned up for transfer today not even knowing my fate but I figured they hadn't phoned to cancel my transfer time so it should be ok! Will you just transfer the one?
    @MrsChino - I had to laugh at your progesterone monster comment. It's pretty much what we turn into. Remember last time I was into potato gems- I'm already thinking about a hash brown on the way home from nightshift tomorrow. Progesterone me needs it so badly.
    @Keiko2012 - do the herbs taste okay?! Eeeeek. My chinese medicine man acupuncturist told me today I was fiery after looking at my tongue and feeling my pulse. I just nodded and smiled and told him I hadn't brushed my teeth. I don't feel very fiery. Maybe progesterone me who loves deep fried food is fiery.

AFM- the dreaded 2ww begins but a better cycle this time- my scientist was lovely! Unusual to get a nice one at QFG so far I've found. She was excited to show me the sheet with all the updates- we got a 4AA on board and and a 4AB frozen and then they are still watching 4-5 others that were compacting down today. So switching off menopur and stopping DHEA was a good move for me quality wise. Goes to show the benefit of changing protocol and cycle types- down reg on high dose menopur was bad for me even though previously on gonal f antagonist I've only produced 1 mature egg after 15 days stimming. This time 22 eggs after 7 days of puregon on antagonist. It's so strange. I don't get it. Anyway it is what it is and I just hope it works. Have nicknamed this one superstar as apparently it has been the stand out embie since the start. Go you good thing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mummymaybe - Your story is nice to hear hun hoping I follow suit. Only Friday will tell I suppose.
    @Ducky01 - Big congrats on being PUPO hun sounds like change in protocol has really helped you, hoping it has brought you a beautiful embie that is ready to implant and snuggle in. Loving the name superstar really hoping he/she is just that. I have been doing my bt locally since transfer hun as its just too far to travel for a two second procedure, I have been told I may have to pay for a few but its worth it, just takes a little longer for results to come back.

AFM - Thanks everyone for all the congrats, will see what the next few days bring. I POAS again at 4am this morning and the line was slightly lighter but trying to not think too much about it until tomorrow's bt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 wishing you all the best for your appt this Friday love. Hopefully those herbs help things along, try to stay positive! Maybe you could look at some sort of immune protocol? If there's NK cells present, your embies prob don't stand a chance of implanting as your body just attacks them as soon as they go in. Just an idea.

@Heyside OMFG!!! Yaaaay!!! What a nice surprise!! Must of had a late little implanter!! I completely understand your hesitation in getting excited - I have everything crossed for a good rise come Friday - c'mon little embie - grow grow grow!!
    @Ducky01 yay for being PUPO!! That little embie sounds great and I love the name fingers crossed a few more of those other embies make it to the freezer too so you have some future siblings

I know there are some animal lovers on here so I have to tell you about the drama we've had with our boy cat, Leo. On Sunday he got quite sick and was howling like a banshee and walking all hunched over, kept trying to wee and nothing was happening. Had to call an on-call vet and turns out he had a blockage and the vet had to syringe out his wee through his bladder poor boy. If we had left it another day his bladder would have burst and he would have died. He also had crystals and the recommendation was to castrate him as he had already had this problem twice before just not as bad. We finally got him home yesterday, $2200 later 😳. Ah our pets really are our family - but we could've done without that massive bill...thank goodness they could do payment plans!! At least they threw in a free haircut for us - he was big black and fluffy and now has a lion cut looks really cute. Thinking we'll have to re-name him Leonie since he now has no male bits anymore. Poor boy!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    How exciting, congratulations! My first beta was 86 at 9dp5dt and I was so deflated but here I am awake at 3am 13 weeks pregnant with insomnia!!!

I so hope your next test shows a good rise in levels. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way. I
    That gives me hope, 6dp5dt and still a BFN 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @StillHopeful and @MrsChino- we will see! Mega progesterone lady, you made me giggle lol. 🙂
    @Heyside Maybe the urine was less concentrated? I'm crossing everything for you for tomorrow.
    @Ree888 oh no! Your poor little munchkin. Hope he had a speedy recovery now that he looks like a lion! We've had problems with uti's with our female in the past too, and it wasn't pretty (also ended up with a needle aspiration of her urine). But from what they tell me once boys get it they die so much quicker than females due to them having a longer urethra etc. Glad he's ok now and totally would do anything and everything for out little angels( or not so angels at times).

Well whilst I was replying I was having my breakfast and I was so consumed by making sure the milk wasn't cold ( can't eat cold food) that I was just shovelling in my muesli until the second last spoonful I looked at it and found God knows what creepy crawlies!!!!! 😷😷😷😨😨 turns out it's not part of the muesli as they were alive in the bag ( omg I'm so disgusted but thought it was too funny not to share). Maybe a few crawlies will fix my egg issue?? Lol
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447887445.734550.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    And to add to that my lovely DP left the pantry open so the cats helped themselves to some bread and chewed through their cat biscuits. You'd think we never feed them. Little ****s! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 Oh poor kitty! Glad he is on the mend now, despite his changed anatomy. That must have been awful!

@Ducky01It always boggles my mind how much our responses differ so much from cycle to cycle. Isn’t it nuts? I went from 15 eggs one cycle to 6 eggs the next cycle on exactly the same protocol. And then the variation from person to person is just even more crazy. Anyway, whatever went on with your cycle seemed to deliver the goods, so here’s to little superstar!!

@Heyside Hang in there. The wait between BTs when you’re not sure which way things will go is like torture. Crossing my fingers for good news tomorrow.

@shelby27 I’m sorry to hear it’s still a bfn at this stage, although I reckon you’ve still got another day or two before it’s definitive. Hopefully a line will show up tomorrow – fingers crossed.

@StillHopeful Thanks love! How are you getting on? I hope the MS has eased for you now? When is your next scan?

@Keiko2012 Ewwwwww!!! Not what you expect to see in your muesli. I found bugs in some cereal once, but didn’t notice until I was near the bottom of the packet so I don’t know how long they had been there! Vomit. I think they might have been pantry moth larvae.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Thank you so much! x
    It’s so scary just waiting to see if you get the chance to try for a baby this month. Ugh.
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP! I am so happy to see that, and those lines look fantastic! I have my fingers crossed for your BT on Friday!
    @MrsChino Thank you! Best of luck with your cycle! What are you waiting on atm? x
    @Bluemeeple Thank you so much!!
    @Ducky01 Ohhhh! I didn’t even know that I could just not find out. Lol! I don’t know much about this IVF stuff, this is only my second FET. Congratulations on being PUPO! I am with QFG as well.
    @Ree888 I’m sorry to hear about your cat, I’m really glad he’s okay though. Poor thing! I personally would love to see a picture of his new haircut if you’d like to share!
    @keiko Oh my goodness!
    We had to buy a cupboard just for our cat’s food. Even if it isn’t open she knows what’s in it. Maybe she can tell from the cat on the bag? They’re so naughty!

AFM I am so happy to say that the nurse phoned me back to tell me that I have one grade 2 embryo that has 2 cells and one grade 3 that has 7! They are both still alive as of yesterday at about 3pm. I’m really hoping my grade 2 has caught up today and they’re both still doing well.
    I’m going to try and keep busy today and I’ll check on them later. Yesterday I couldn’t do anything because I was so worried!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 eeewww!!! I must admit I gagged when I read your post and then saw the pic....you poor thing!! Lol - my cats do the same thing if we leave anything with food in it open - although now Leo is on a special expensive diet for the rest of his life we'll have to be more careful with that now!! I hope you're not suffering any ill effects from that little bug disaster 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsthomo. Hope they keep growing nicely for you.

I know it's so revolting. Moth larvae MrsChino? Ewwww that also sounds disgusting.

So far no side effects Ree! I guess that remains to be seen lol.

We actually have a lock on our pantry as they can open sliding doors. They know exactly where their food lives. Fatties 🐱!