Closed Thread
Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012, I've also had quite a few laps done, all privately but I do have private cover which covered a bit apart from anesthetist and Drs fees. Looking at the statement of benefits though, I think what MrsChino said RE the price sounds about right. Laps are supposed to increase fertility for the next 6 months after, especially if they find some endo and are able to resect it. I am going quite stir crazy, but doing okay considering. How are you doing? Have you done anymore POAS love?
    @Heyside there's still time for a positive and I have everything crossed come Monday you get a nice surprise. I completely get why you're feeling the way you are though, I think we all feel the same every cycle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (12-11-2015),princessrory  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ugh I so don't want a lap- but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks MrsChino and Ree888 we'll see what the post IVF fail appt brings. Sticks are still negative and I just wish I could stop the Crinone. Anyway a few more days.

Have been reading about the IVF changes and hope it's not going to be too painful next year. No clear cut answers really. Also looking at using my super for IVF. Think this might need to be the next step. I feel like we are running ourselves completely dry- just in the hope of having a child. Bloody IVF costs.... 😠

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ree888 - Not feeling too positive but you are still right there is still time. After my suprisr bfp back in April (unfortunately chemical) I will never say never.
    @Keiko2012 - This journey is just so hard isn't it hun talk about highs and lows just not fair! DH and I had the talk about money last night he thinks if ouf frosties we have don't work we will have to call it a day as we can't afford another full cycle. That hit me quite hard last night, suppose someone has to be practical, I would sell our house for this.

AFM - Just dropped DD off at kindy and they are getting ready to finish their year and send them off to school, hit me so hard I no longer have my baby. Then I noticed another pregnant mum and kept thinking about this cycle being another bust. On my way home I just broke down in tears, couldn't deal with it all. Now I am currently sat with a packet of chips trying to cheer myself up, stopped the paleo diet this week but seems I can not even stick to the low gi I am supposed to be on .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside it's so tough isn't it. Hopefully you do get a nice surprise on Monday. At least you have another 5 chances! That is fantastic in itself. And your embryos are of good quality by the sounds of things. Don't worry about the whole paleo diet you have done your bit to get to your cycle and deserve a break! How long did you do the paleo diet for? I'm thinking this will have to be my next move too.

Is your dd starting school next year?

I am ready for the new year that will hopefully bring us some more luck and less heartache. What a **** year it's been!

Crossing my fingers for you for Monday. Big hugs!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 That's interesting about accessing your super, I didn't know you could do that. The costs really are crippling, aren't they? I keep reminding myself that lots of people can't afford to do ivf at all, but it's cold comfort when the cycles keep adding up and there's no end in sight. If only we had a bottomless pit of money!

With next year's safety net changes, I have been looking into it too, and the bill that needs to be passed in order for the changes to go through is being debated in the house of reps at the moment. You can follow its progress on the my parliament website http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...sult?bId=r5537 I am just majorly crossing my fingers that it doesn't get through! Please please please! From the transcripts, it sounds like there have been heaps of submissions from doctors' groups and the public opposing the changes. But who knows. It could go either way at the moment.

@Heyside I'm sorry you're feeling so low. Sometimes it all just gets on top of you, hey. Don't beat yourself up too much about the diet. I have kind of gotten to the point where I think I'll just do what I can, when I can and not worry too much about the other times. Hang in there love - as long as you have frosties, there is still hope!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-11-2015),princessrory  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino Yep the super thing is new (ish). It's done through a company called SuperCare. Monash had it on their facebook post and last time I was at the clinic someone enquired about it ( not sure if it's Monash specific). I think you just fill in all forms and then the company handles all the rest. Not sure how it works with refunds etc but I will be looking into it as I do think this is the next step for us. As terrible as this is.... It's meant to be for retirement 😁
    Thanks for that link too- omg I hope it doesn't pass!!! It's not going to just impact us IVF'ers but people with terrible illnesses... 😓

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside you poor thing you're not having a great day today. Stop beating yourself up though love. You are perfectly entitled to have slip ups with your diet and you are also perfectly entitled to feel the way you do in general. Cry it out and eat what you want and cut yourself some slack. You've been through so much your bound to have days like today. It truly sucks that money plays such a huge role in all of this. I wish it could be more affordable! Chin up love x
    @Keiko2012 I have heard about this super option. It seems like a great idea I don't know why they haven't come up with it sooner!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh worst cramping ever. I think my body wants to have AF but the Crinone is stopping it. I just want to stop the Crinone. 😐

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 - I haven't had Crinone yet but from all accounts everyone hates it!
    @Heyside - I'm in the same boat as you. My dd is also starting prep in Jan. Can't believe she's grown up so quickly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @Keiko2012 - I haven't had Crinone yet but from all accounts everyone hates it!
    @Heyside - I'm in the same boat as you. My dd is also starting prep in Jan. Can't believe she's grown up so quickly
    My DS starts prep in Jan too 😁

FET tomorrow

Sorry I haven't been around FIL passed away suddenly on Tuesday night DH is the NOK so has to try and organise everything. 😥

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-11-2015)