Closed Thread
Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yay Keiko everything sounds so great!! I can't wait! Xx keeping everything crossed that Friday is perfect and the Oestrogen is spot on and under 15k! And yay for having a EPU buddy in Heyside! Hoping that means we will have another 2 PUPOs next week, it's about time we get some pregnified on this thread!

Ree888 all the best for BT, hope we wake up to 2 perfect lines tomorrow xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsChino - Sounds like its the go ahead for another stimulated cycle then hun, think its a good plan with the changes next year. Good luck with it all and hope the extra progesterone helps. We have kind been taking each cycle as it comes but unfortunately we can't go on like this forever, moving to Wazza is taking us one step closer to the end of the road unfortunately as we said we wouldn't give up until we had tried him as we had heard so many good things about him.
    @shelby - So happy with that result for you hun and great news your cycle has started and your heading to transfer.
    @Ree888 - Hope you have had an amazing result after POAS hun. Great that you have been busy and keeping the craziness at bay.
    @keiko - Really pleased to read all is going well for a pick up on Friday hun, great to have a cycle buddy, looks like we can be laying chickens together lol. Which hospital is your EPU at hun? We are doing half ICSI too so hoping it brings good results for us both.

AFM - Another very early appointment for me, DD is going to be shattered by the end of this week. My scan showed a few more eggs have been recruited and I now have over 20, some are not yet fully mature but alone on one side I have 14. So looks very likely I will be heading to a freeze all cycle. Trying to stay positive though and glad I am actually progressing to EPU as planned on Friday. DH was given an extra specimen collection cup though and it was implied that she will leave an egg inside and we can try and use a syringe with DH sperm as obviously I won't be up to BD. Very risky but worth a try lol! The embryoscope is fully booked for Friday so unfortunately we won't be able to use it this time which is disappointing.
    Last edited by Heyside; 28-10-2015 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 stalking you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Heyside, I would love to be an egg laying chicken with you 👏🏻🙂. How was your lining today? Are they going to trigger you with lucrin instead of the ovidrel? Fingers crossed.

My oestrogen is still quite low well it was 3390 yesterday am ( maybe it's not low, FS was happy with it and I was too it was under 15000!) Should really stay of Google and stop reading up of how many eggs I should get 😬 Are you triggering tonight too Heyside? I'm on a night shift so will have to take it with me and make sure I've got time to sneak away. Apparently we are really busy and overflowed to another ward 😲 should be a cracker of a night... Got my expected anaethetist bill and hooray is 50 less than last time. Still 250 bucks though.

Hope everyone else is well! Let us know how you went @Ree888

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does she mean about leaving an egg in a cup? For you dh to fertilise and you'll put it back yourself at home??? Maybe I interpreted that one wrong lol. Annoying that all the embryoscopes have been taken 🙁 wonder how many they have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!! Still cheerleading from the sidelines. I will be cycling in a couple of weeks time.

Cant believe we have two EPUs on the same day!! Good luck on Friday ladies! Keiko I think you will be fine for a transfer as that oestrogen is low for you! I wouldnt expect 20 mature eggs with that level so you should be good.

The cup thing is regarding Wazza recommending turkey basting some swimmers in the night of EPU in case he misses eggs- we didn't do it- I was kind of repulsed by the idea and I didn't want anything to do with anything sexual post EPU, haha. Wazza always encourages a lot of BDing that we never do- and I get stressed about it but I just can't force it- I feel like IVF ruins sex lives enough without prescribed daily BD during a cycle. Ugh I hate IVF sometimes!
    @MrsChino- I don't know how many cycles we will do- I don't feel ready to give up yet but I'm realising it might be a waste of resources- it's so hard to call. We may head overseas for donor embryos next year.

Hope everyone else is going well! I'm sad this will be our second xmas on the IVF train. Hopefully the universe is kind and gets us all off the train soon!

Ps: good luck Ree!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all- jumping in from the over 40s thread. I'm 42 and doing IVF with ICSI and PGD in Brisbane. I have an EPU on Friday and it seems others may have one this Friday as well. I have a good AMH for age and Antral follicle count which has probably resulted in an OHSS risk for me this cycle - 18 follicles - with 14 eggs expected based on size ( about 11 around the 17mm as at yesterday). But estrogen level was 13,000 after blood test today. After discussing with my FS it was decided to stick with the ovidrel trigger as my last cycle ( which was my first) I got 19 eggs retrieved and estrogen was about 11,000 before trigger and I didn't get OHSS. This cycle worries me as the level is creeping up to the danger level. I didn't want to trigger with lucrin as its sometimes not as effective and at my age I can't afford to can this cycle at the 11th hour.

Has anyone had OHSS and if so is there I anything I can do the minimise the chance of getting it? Has anyone had similar follicle numbers and estrogen level and not got it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 - Yes hun I have triggered with lucrin alongside a very small dose of pregnyl. My lining was at around 8mm which seems awful to waste but it is what it is. Your estrogen is sounding good not too high, hope your trigger went well, yes I triggered tonight although nearly messed the whole thing up. Strange isn't it how the anaesthetists bills can change mine is cheaper too. As for the extra cup and trying ourselves, I didn't explain it very well but ducky did a good job, we're undecided on if we will do it or not.
    @Ree888 - Thinking of you hun, good luck for tomorrow x
    @ducky - Great to hear your cycling again soon. Thanks for the cheers from the side lines and your explanation of the turkey basting lol. We are not sure if we will do the turkey basting as yet, it doesn't seem to make sense that we probably won't transfer due to the risk but can take the risk like that lol. Yes have to agree IVF definitely ruins sex life its very regimented.
    @Green lady - Welcome hun and great to have you join me and keiko for a Friday pick up. Sounds like you are in for a good haul of eggs there which is great, hope the OHSS stays at bay. I haven't had it myself but both previous cycles I have been at risk of it (not quite as high risk as this time), I would say keep up with the liquids especially things like hydrolite and eat lots of protein. Also been told this time to drink pear juice. Good luck and keep us updated x

AFM - Nearly just messed up my trigger I prepared them both in plenty of time so I could just inject them at the given time and by mistake I pressed the pregynl (measured dose) against my body and lost half the dose. I then had to rush around measuring again talk about stress. I rang for my bt results earlier, really can't see a transfer coming my way, my estrogen is up at 19,000, will be interesting to see what results are tomorrow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Green lady  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Green lady. Signs for ohss- bloated big time, decreased urine output and inability to breathe properly and lots and lots of pain 🙁. How exciting there's a bunch of us 🙂 is this your last EPU? Just keep up the protein and electrolyte drinks- but if you get it that won't prevent it. Hopefully you can avoid it! Fingers crossed!

Eek @Heyside. That must have been stressful! Mine was a little stressful too just because of how busy work was. All done now hopefully you're not too sore after EPU. My last oestrogen was 21000! And now I'm worried about not having enough due to the oestrogen. I am definitely in not as much pain as normal. What will be will be- too late now. Maybe this means recovery will also be a little better for me, it tends to take days for me to feel half decent. I'm with the Wesley 🙂

One more sleep until egg laying for us! And hopefully lots of awesome embryos to follow. 💕

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Green lady  (29-10-2015),StillHopeful  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all just a quick post sorry for no update yesterday, I have had the busiest time with work and still feeling quite crap so days have been long and exhausting. I went to the chemist to get some FRER's and they didn't have any! Those are the ones I trust so I saw it as a sign to not buy any.
    Anyway, I've had my BT this morning so now I wait and I've gone in blind again so who knows what the result will be? Not feeling overly positive but 5 failed cycles will do that to you! I'll check back in later on with results and to do personals.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (29-10-2015)