Closed Thread
Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @BecT for your body doing it this time and avoiding surgery. Mind you it would have been a lot better if this would've all worked. Not sure what I would do? Maybe transfer and reap the benefits from the safety net and start all fresh next year if it fails? But not sure how much the safety net really pays for the fet?
    @MrsChino how are you feeling today Hun? Any fert updates yet? Hoping you are feeling better today. You didn't end up going back to work did you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BecT Good news that it is all over and you can move on without any more intervention. Phew. It's hard to know what to do next i.e. do another FET before the end of the year or hold off until 2016. If only the damn safety net wasn't changing! The weight thing is hard too. I realised yesterday that I have pretty much gained a kilo each ivf cycle and surgery I've had, so I'm currently at about 8kg over the weight I have been my whole adult life. But it feels like every time I start to get ahead with the exercise and healthy eating it's time for another cycle or op and it all goes out the window! Ah well, I don't know what the answer is, but you have my total sympathy.

Afm, I'm feeling much better today, thank you ladies (and sorry about my whinging yesterday!). DH went and got me yummy thai last night and then fed me grapes while I lay on the couch and complained . Good man. I had a pretty good sleep overnight and am just a bit tender now. @Keiko2012 I called into work and said I'd be 'working from home' today - ha! So far, that has involved snoozing and watching netflix. Not very productive!

I spoke to the lab, and out of the 8 eggs collected yesterday, 5 were mature and suitable for ICSI, and of those, 4 have fertilised. Hmm. I know it will come down to the quality of those 4, but I can't help but feel like history is repeating itself so I'm not feeling very hopeful. Anyway, nothing I can do but take it day by day and hope there's something left come Saturday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good fert results though @MrsChino. 4/5 is pretty good. Shame they weren't all mature. I've got everything crossed for you. Such a nerve wrecking time. Good on your dp for buying dinner and feeding you grapes! I think mine needs to step up! And lucky you can work hum Netflix from home. Let's face it the next couple of days won't be overly productive anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsChino - Nice that your DH treated you last night you deserved it . Hope the relaxed day with netflix has done you some good today and you are feeling much better. Those fert results are great hun like keiko ssid 4 out of 5 is a great number. Shame they weren't all mature that usually happens to me too. Really hoping those little embies bring you good news and numbers are still good by the end of the week.

AFM - Have been feeling so positive as we move forward with a new dctr and new protocol but having a bit of a downer day today, just keep thinking what if this never works and we get into so much debt with nothing to show for it. It doesn't help that I have spent the day watching the neighbours we are back to back with organising the nursery for their up and coming new bub (their second child in the time we have been ttc no.2). I know I shouldn't be jealous but I god dam am life is not fare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @keiko - any news on your ds???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh heyside sorry to hear about your downer day. I get it. Who knows if this will ever work -and the financial burden is massive.

No news on the donor front. Handed on my form today but they already had the emailed version. I hope I hear before Thursday when I'm meant to stop the pill! Eek! Just went to the pharmacy to see about that Crinone and basically I'm not getting it as he said it wasn't indicated for my last cycle! Wth! Just because no embryos made it. Otherwise I would've had some. Fricken hell- being screwed over left right and centre.
    On a good note we are leaving tomorrow. Last shift hooray! But sad about leaving my furbabies again with my grandma- she tends to put them on a diet and let's pray to god they don't run away this time....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1444721189.505568.jpg

My pill stash all packed.
    God I can't wait to stop this soon. Can't stomach this much anymore.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BecT - I'm glad it's all finally over and you can move on - especially being able to skip surgery - yay! In regards to weight loss vs last transfer - it's such a hard decision! Mine was based mainly on the financials - with uncertainty to out of pocket expenses next year we really wanted to squeeze another cycle in this year. If this one is a bust I will most certainly be getting on the fitness wagon - I've put on about 7-8kg in 4 months which is not good for my small 160cm frame.
    @MrsChino I'm glad you're feeling a little better today - and those fert rates aren't bad at all! 4/5! That's great! I do understand why you feel disappointed with the 3 that weren't mature though. I have everything crossed for you they are strong and grow grow grow in those dishes!
    @Heyside - so many ups and downs on this journey. You go from being hopeful to excited to apprehensive to disappointed to happy to sad to heartbroken - over and over and over again. You poor thing - yes, life is not fair. I completely agree, it's just not. We just have to keep going and try our best to not let it get us down.
    @Keiko2012 grrrr come on clinic! Have an amazing time on your getaway - love your pill organization - there are SO many aren't there!

AFM - I am SO tired at the moment - I've fallen asleep on the couch two nights in a row and struggle through the afternoon. Must be the oestrogen I'm taking? Otherwise just keeping busy with work in the lead up to transfer on Saturday. I had a dream last night I had a little baby girl with blue eyes and black hair. She was so beautiful. I was sitting there breastfeeding her and I couldn't believe she was all mine. Funny thing was I went outside (in the dream) and came back in to a different baby! Still a girl but she was an Indian baby! Haha I was so confused in the dream and then woke up confused and started laughing because of how ridiculous it was. Still remember the feeling of holding her though. It was truly amazing. Ah one day. One day it'll be our turn.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Double post
    Last edited by Ree888; 13-10-2015 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Double post
    Last edited by Ree888; 13-10-2015 at 19:15.