Closed Thread
Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got here early so we wanted to see whether we could grab a coffee. Coffee shops all closed. So decided to head to our appt early and got so lost in the staircases! Ended up going through qfg! Here now and they have a coffee machine. Perfect

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @keiko - Hope the appointment went well hun very interested to hear what you thought as think I need to see someone too long term for my health. Good on you for getting organised with DS on Monday or Tuesday I think there has to be sine there with your names on it you have waited long enough - hope you find the perfect match. Will be nice for you to enjoy a get away too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

@Heyside appt went really well. He's a lovely person. He did a scan (didn't think he would!), went through my health history and looked at all my bloods. In terms of the endocrinology side of things he was all happy with everything and said he doesn't need to do anything else. He said my thyroxine dose is good and I asked about taking it at different times of the day and that's all good too. In terms of the Ivf side he recommended lower dose stims, day 5 transfer ( definitely a day 5 believer ha ha- thought of you @MrsChino) and Ivf instead of Icsi. That one came as a bit of a surprise. Never thought about it. He basically just said you know it's all about natural selection etc. And if the sperm is good enough then why would I need to do ICSI. But he also said its trial and error.

He made me feel at ease and a bit more optimistic about my cycles. He said he would recommend a laparoscopy if this cycle doesn't work, to check for endometriosis- even though I don't have any symptoms apart from painful periods. And apparently you can have it quite badly and not know about it.

Also mentioned donor eggs etc and he said there's no way should i be considering this at this stage! At least not for another 3-4 cycles. Lovely. That made me feel so much better. He has faith. Even though I guess he doesn't know what my ****ty embryos look like.
    He gave me a blood test for rubella again as I wasn't immune to it- had the jab last year but never checked to see if immunity changed. And he also mentioned I can check to see if I have the pcos syndrome but only when I'm not on bcp and cycling.

He also talked about acupuncture and naturopathy. Although he's not here or there on them he said apart from spending lots of money there's not anything to loose and gave me a card for a naturopath. Also had a brief chat about the use of growth hormones ( he's not for it) and dhea which he is actually doing research on and said it works for some but not others. Same as all the vitamins. Lol. I asked him about diet and lifestyle and he's like look there's not much you can do.
    DP was also very impressed with him. The money was definitely worthwhile and I'm so much more at ease and hopefully a bit more positive. He said I could cycle with him if I wanted to and he could also be my obstetrician - gee wouldn't that be nice! And DP asked what his thoughts were on double transfer and he definitely doesn't think that's the way to go!
    Ha ha.

So hopefully we get the news of some donor sperm arriving next week, touch wood there's some in there for us and we can head into a cycle. If all goes to plan will stop bcp on thurs and see fs on tue when we get back from our getaway.

Been so slack with my vitamins. I just can't keep swallowing that many. It's ridiculous. Nearly at the point of it making me puke. Think I'll go back to basic elevit etc soon. And there will definitely be drinking involved on the holiday. Gotta chill sometime too. And if I think back at my first cycle was in Jan after Xmas and there was a lot more drinking involved and crap food and I had a better cycle than in July with good eating and no alcohol!

Sorry I've only just updated now. On night shift again and this is he first time I've gotten s break from some
    Very demanding teenagers (2:30 am). Thank god for temazepam!

Also dropped my phone on the way to work and initially thought it was fine but realised later I have a nice crack in the bottom corner! Guess I should consider myself lucky it wasn't the whole phone
    Last edited by Keiko2012; 08-10-2015 at 02:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy moly that was a novel ! 😬 sorry lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 yay for a mini break and also it sounds as though your appt was really positive. What a relief for some good news. I truly hope this is the turning point for you and you get the DS you want come Monday.
    @BecT how are you traveling love?
    @MrsChino how about you? How's the jabbing going?

Intralipids went well yesterday although they blew a vein again - ouch! Looking forward to my lining scan tomorrow to get a transfer date. Actually hoping for a Saturday again so I don't have to take more time off work! We'll see I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @keiko - Sounds like the appointment was very useful and he seemed to be very thorough. So when you say from an endocrinology point of view all is good is that just from looking at your bloods? Reasurring that he doesn't feel at this point you need donor eggs you can now just concentrate on finding the right ds on Monday and moving forward. Do you think you will stay with your current clinic or transfer to cycle with him? Or would that mean starting afresh with counselling and paperwork?
    @Ree888 - glad your intra-lipids went well, one more box can be ticked and you can move forward to your appointment and get that transfer date.

AFM - DH got his sperm test results back yesterday which came back as excellent and in the higher ranges so at least we are definitely sure now we are only dealing with my issues.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Keiko2012 I’m so glad your appointment went well. Sounds like you covered a lot of the same topics we did (and I’m still freaking out about the day 5 thing!). We also like the idea of staying with him for obstetrics if by some miracle we find ourselves in that situation. So will you suggest the lower stim dose and using ivf to your FS when you get back from hols? Are you thinking of seeing the naturopath? We decided not to at this point, but might give it a go if this cycle doesn’t work out. Again, he was like ‘it might help, it might not, but if you want to go down that path I know a good one and here are her details.’ Golly I really hope great donors come up next week and that this is the start of a whole new phase of good luck for you. In any case you sound so much more positive and hopeful which is awesome! Bring on a great holiday!

@Ree888 Good luck for your scan tomorrow! Sucks that they blew your vein (ow!), but hopefully it will all pay off in the end. I can understand not wanting to tell people about your cycle. I have put my foot down with DH that I want to keep this one to ourselves (other than 1 friend who already knows and my boss who I had to tell because she asked me to present at a workshop on Monday when I’m meant to be having EPU). It’s just easier not to have to update people, I reckon. Much less pressure.

@Heyside Good that your DH’s results have come back and are good! As hard as it is to feel like you are the one with the problem (I can relate) it is one thing you can cross off the list. Fingers crossed Wazza can plump up that lining for you.

Afm, still jabbing away and starting to feel a bit like a pin cushion. I’ll have another scan tomorrow and hopefully everything will be good for EPU on Monday. It will be interesting to see if the dhea, luveris and PICSI improve our embryos at all. I hope so, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up and just focus on each step as it comes. One good thing is that I have been insanely under the pump at work, with a big launch thingy that happened yesterday, so I have been forced to think about things other than ivf for a change! So that’s been nice, but of course now I’m worried that all the work stress will have been bad for my eggs lol. Can’t win – whatever I do I’ll prob worry it’s the wrong thing!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-10-2015),StillHopeful  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @MrsChino I think we got the same sort of information. You are definitely in very competent hands- he's lovely. I just so hope all the differences he's got you on will make some difference in outcome. Are you using the embryoscope? He's so passionate about day 5's ha ha. So is my FS so I feel like he's half giving up by even suggesting day 3's! Lol. If we have the finances he can deliver my baby any time. Not going down the naturopath route at this stage either. Should've asked him about acupuncture and who he recommended. He gave me a card from the naturopath lady but said she might be on mat leave anyway.

Thank goodness your stimming is nearly over. Do you feel lots of pulling/ uncomfortable feelings? I hate the end of it. Also feel like a crampy whale. Lol.
    @Ree888 you must be glad the intralipids are done. Why do they keep bursting your veins? Poor you. Ouch!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside yep he looked at all my blood tests and said they looked fine and he didn't think at Thai stage I needed further testing - otherwise he would just be making that up to look good. Love his sense of humour. Great down to earth guy. Going to do a cycle with my clinic and see what happens. Sounds like there aren't too many changes that he would make. But he's very confident and upbeat about cycles which is good- gives you hope. But I guess if it kept on failing all the time would get you down a bit too. If I would change to him then I would need to do the counselling Etc again. That's just my guess. I didn't ask about it as I'm not ready to cut my ties with my FS yet. Love how both of them are directors of their clinic. I think they are equally as good. Though I feel in a way my FS might be a little more conservative and a little more reserved whereas dr k is upfront about it all. I definitely recommend him if you need a fertility endocrinologist

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Oh Keiko that's so great about your appt and getaway and DS next week! So lovely to hear you upbeat and ready to cycle again xoxo
    His ideas sound fab! And I have to say I'm with the FS on the day 5's! Look what happened with my only day 5 transfer! Have everything crossed for you xoxo

Mrs Chino yay nearly there! Surely these ones are the goods you need! It's so hard but try stay hopeful, really hoping this is it! X

Heyside that's great about your procedures going well, it's all happening now! X

Welcome Shelby, you're in good hands here x

Ree888 that's beautiful of your sis but hopefully you don't even need to think about it after this transfer x

Also thinking of you BecT, will you cycle again soon? X

Ducky hoping you're okay and are preparing your next step xoxo

AFM sorry I've been quiet, apart from feeling a bit guilty I've been really sick (definitely NOT complaining) TMI was a second too late to the toilet bowl tonight and it rebounded off the lid and covered the walls! 😩🙊 booked a cheeky scan for next Tuesday, need reassurance as I'm still in disbelief.

Love, hope and sticky baby dust to all you beautiful ladies, may there be BFPS everywhere by xmas xo
    Last edited by StillHopeful; 09-10-2015 at 09:39.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (10-10-2015),shelby27  (10-10-2015)