Closed Thread
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - I've also considered looking into embryo donation and have briefly checked out that website but seems like there are a lot more people looking for embryos than people donating but it's certainly an option. I agree re the adoption thing - it looks so hard and just a whole new lot of heartache. But then part of me thinks maybe it makes more sense to adopt if we go down that road of non genetic children to avoid being pregnant! As in why put myself through pregnancy if I could adopt a ready made child. That sounds strange though when I say it like that, lol.
    @mummymaybe - thanks for the reassurance re the Wazza cycle- it has been the hardest yet, that's for sure and im glad im not the only one that's had the 'can I face that again' thoughts. I'm not keen to take those dosages again next time though. I guess you were second time lucky so that's some solid inspiration!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah @Ducky01 I completely understand how you're feeling - dreading another cycle heavy on all the meds. Will you consider doing an FET? If it was good enough to freeze then it must stand a chance? I have to say the meds for FET are so far not too bad at all - MUCH less than the full medicated cycle. How many transfers have you had now love?

I've been doing a lot of thinking after Wazza said I may be someone who produces a lot of abnormal embryos...I am lucky in the fact that being in a same sex relationship, we can use DP's eggs. She is totally not for being pregnant though...before this round I was still so desperate to have a bub using my own eggs. But I am coming around to the fact that that may not be possible. So if my frosties don't amount to anything, next time we'll give her eggs a go in me and see what happens. My little sister said she would donate to me if it doesn't work out too, and I want a child biologically related to me, so that's an option too I guess - just would feel awful putting her through all this ivf stuff!! She's only 22. So generous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 - I have my fail follow up apointment next week and I think Wazza will tell me we produce a lot of wonky chromosome embies. I don't know if it's a matter of persisting til one might be ok or just calling it so I will see what he says. That's a great plan re your DPs eggs though- I think it's a great back up plan. But you have so many frosties it may not be needed! But still good to have other options. When's your FET likely to be? Are you on a ton of oestrogen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ducky01 - Wishing you all the best with your fail appt. They really do such. We got a fail letter from him in the mail after our fail appt. It was a little sad but the way it was written made me laugh true Wazza fashion.
    Yes I hope it's not needed - we'll see. Would really love to transfer two next time. I'm not on a mass amount of oestrogen yet, just one sandrena gel thing and one tablet per day, but that dose goes up from tomorrow it's already making me a bit of a witch...scary how I'll be when it goes up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sending all of you super giant Becca hugs xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ducky01 - I am sure we all relate to how you are feeling at the moment hun its so frustrating after a failed cycle and so hard to think about next steps. Take sometime for yourself before you make any big decisions and see first what wazza has to say.
    @Ree888 - Sounds like a good plan for a back up using your DP's eggs in the future but hopefully you won't need it with those frozen embryo's you have, this is your turn. How amazing for your sister to offer too. Gosh can imagine the way his letter was written what a nice touch.

AFM - I am feeling so so tired at the moment and it only seems to have happened since starting the synarel and panfcort this week so wondering if I can blame one of those meds, can't remember feeling like this before. Also feeling pretty worried reading about you ladies feeling wazza's cycles so stressful and hard, what have I let myself in for lol.

After research now wondering if the tiredness could be put down to the higher dose of estrogen I am on, previously only progressed to equivalent of 9mg where as I am currency on 12mg and have been fir 2 weeks now. Does that sound about right?
    Last edited by Heyside; 03-10-2015 at 18:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2

Ducky I'm so so sorry I really wanted this to be the one. I can't even imagine that sort of protocol and understand why you would feel hesitant to jump back in again, especially when you can't imagine the outcome being different. But I think you should give your other blasty a chance. It's fought much longer than many others. Does Wazza have any other approaches? Even a natural FET? Just throwing ideas around. Adoption seems beautiful but also a very hard process, but hey, isn't IVF the hardest thing we've ever done? I'm not sure what could be worse sometimes. Wish all you girls success and soon
    So much love and appreciation for you all xoxo

Mrs Chino dying to hear how you're going, when is your first scan? X
    Last edited by StillHopeful; 05-10-2015 at 11:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - sorry I hope I haven't made you feel nervous/scared in regards to cycling! I think it's just that he throws absolutely everything at your cycles to give you the best possible shot. I'm not sure in regards to the synarel as I only had one dose of it after transfer. I'm currently on 4x sandrena gels and 2x ethinyl oestodial (spelling ?) per day for my upcoming frozen cycle. I am feeling quite tired and witchy though 😳 poor DP!

Hope everyone else is traveling along nicely and enjoyed their long weekend. The weather was lovely at the Gold Coast, coming back to Brissie was a shock. I'm in the western suburbs so it's been bl00dy hot today!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not too nervous @Ree888 it was just funny listening to you all comment about his cycles and them being so tough I wondered what was ahead for me lol!

Yes it has been hot today, nice change takes some adjusting too though. We have been in the city today ready for my hysterscopy, flush and scratch tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - ooooh that seems to have come around quickly!! Wishing you all the best love - I woke a little sore from mine so take up the nurses on their pain relief offers - it's much harder to get under control once you're home. Enjoy your sleep

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (05-10-2015)