+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Date stories!!! Bad first dates, fairytale stories etc

Hi I am wanting to get back into writing and need some ideas.
    Hit me with your date stories
    The good ones
    The bad ones
    The ugly ones
    Perhaps you went on worst date ever? Perhaps you have been on one fit for a fairytale?
    Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok bad date stories...I went on a date once with a guy who just could not hold a conversation. I tried my bloody hardest to keep coming up with things to talk about, only for him to not continue on with that thread...then he would tell me to "say something" and complained I wasn't talking enough! Ummmm how about you come up with something to talk about buddy! So awkward, thank god we then went to a movie so we didn't have to talk! The movie was pretty average and he asked me partway through if I wanted to leave and go somewhere else but there was no way I was leaving that cinema to go somewhere else that would require me to try to have another painful conversation, unless it was back in the car and he was driving me home. Needless to say there was no second date :P

My first date with DH was pretty average too. We had a nice dinner together, then rented a couple movies and went back to his place to watch them. Trouble was the movie wasn't very good and he fell asleep during it! So then I was in this house that I had never been in before, thinking "should I wake him up or let him sleep? Stay and hope he wakes up or go home?" I stayed and watched the rest of the movie and he woke up right at the end hahah. But I obviously went back for a second date so it wasn't all bad!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

PinkIsTheNewBlack  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried online dating and started emailing a guy. He was one of those people who forwarded 100 joke or spammy emails on. I didn't bother opening them. Then one day I did, it was titled "unwrapping is the best part". It was a picture of a ladies bits with numerous piercings tied up with string. I cancelled our planned first date.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My worst date - I was set up by a friend with one of her boyfriend's friends. We all went out on a dinner double date. Within the first 15 minutes he had made racist comments, made innaproriate/lewd comments to me, then made fun of a disabled guy crossing the street. It was only out of a sense of respect for my friends that I didn't pour my drink over him and walk out! I basically ignored him for the rest of the meal.

After dinner we left to go back to my friend's place to watch movies (I didn't have my own car and my friends were supposed to be dropping me home after). He went in his own car...and tried to drag race us at every set of lights on the way back. Total. Jerk. Ugh!!!

Needless to say there was no second date! And my friend got a very stern talking to about never setting me up again.

Apparently he thought the date had gone really well and was really shocked that I didn't want to see him again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been with DH since high school. When we first started seeing each other, we were watching a movie at his place. His mum came home and says "what's Tiny Dancer doing watching a movie with you? She's supposed to be with [DH's brother]!"
    Cue awkwardness from all parties. I have no idea where it came from.
    I should add that I did speak to his brother on occasion, but there was definitely nothing there, on my part anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went on a date years ago with a guy i met thru work.
    We went to a chinese restaurant. He chose a beef dish and ordered rice so i ordered a chicken dish thinking then we'd have some of each.

When the meals arrived he pulled the beef & chicken to his side of the table. When i asked him to pass the rice he refused! Told me he ordered it and if id wanted rice i should have ordered my own.
    I wasnt sure he was serious at first but yep he sat there and ate the lot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post: