+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI 2WW. Other half losing it.

Hi everyone,

Just decided to write to get out some doubts. My partner and I just did our 4th round of IUI. Last one was the end of last year. My other half takes a while to produce mature eggs so they put her on Gonal F at 25ml as she produces a lot of eggs, and then slowly increased it over 2 weeks to 75mls as the eggs were still quite small. Finally the doctor said she had a nice sized egg and she triggered with Ovidril and back in the next day, being last Tuesday. They then have decided to try her on 1500iu of Pregnyl every 3 days and have also just started her on Cronine to boost her P4 levels. She's been very positive but today she's just crashed. The pregnyl has made her nauseous and even physically ill once when she was given the first 2 shots, the nurses did state that if she remains ill it could be a good sign. On 7dpo she told me she went to the toilet and wiped after using it (sorry for tmi) and there was a tiny (and I mean tiny) amount of pinkish/brownish blood on the toilet paper and she had a slight cramp on her right side, nothing to drastic, and then nothing since. Yesterday her P4 results were 51 which they were happy with as the first go without the Cronine was 33, and she had her last shot of Pregnyl last night. She hasn't felt sick all day today and therefore has gone into the it hasn't worked mindset. She works in a childcare centre and it hasn't made it easier on her having all the kids around. It's hard seeing her like this as there's no real reason why it hasn't worked and there's nothing I can say to make it easier. She's just fed up. She has a severe needle phobia so all the needles has pushed her to the edge, plus the 3 failed attempts and on top the Cronine really makes her like a roller coaster.
    I guess, it's made me start to feel the same way, that it hasn't worked as everything has calmed down. I don't show her that though and just hope it's her body getting used to the drugs and not that it hasn't worked at all as she's only now 9dpo. I'm sorry for the vent, I thought this would have been the best place to get it out. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It is very hard during the TWW. All I can say is try not to stress over lack of symptoms- many women don't get any early pregnancy symptoms, myself included. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been where your partner is, we did 3 rounds without a trigger and 2 with one, the final round we fell with now 3yo DS.

It's hard not to loose faith and to stop yourself from overthinking everything, maybe organise a dinner out to distract her from it a little bit.

I have/had a huge needle phobia too, i've become a lot better with them, but still cringe when ever i have to get blood taken.

Goodluck, hope this month ends in a BFP for you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. She had a bit of a break down today as she feels it's failed again. She feels a little uncomfortable when sitting but it's probably the Cronine doing it and one of her boobs has been tender but everything else has stopped so she had a break down. She got better once we spoke about it and I reminded her she had every symptom under the sun last time and it didn't work at all so that made her feel bit better. Sometimes you forget there's others going through the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hang in there. I had zero symptoms. People talk so much about symptoms that you think pregnancy is all symptoms all the time but it's not. That would be awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tmi warning

Thanks Scubagirl. We possibly do a blood test on Thursday. She rang the fertility clinic in a panic this arvo because she had cramping last night and today and when she went for her lunch break she had a bit of brown blood on her panty liner but when she wiped it was a whole heap of black blood. She's never had that before so they told her not to worry and to monitor as its either AF or IB. Her AF is due Thursday as she's on a long cycle and cronine normally pushes her back a couple of days. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Char85 View Post
    Tmi warning

Thanks Scubagirl. We possibly do a blood test on Thursday. She rang the fertility clinic in a panic this arvo because she had cramping last night and today and when she went for her lunch break she had a bit of brown blood on her panty liner but when she wiped it was a whole heap of black blood. She's never had that before so they told her not to worry and to monitor as its either AF or IB. Her AF is due Thursday as she's on a long cycle and cronine normally pushes her back a couple of days. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.
    Is she going to POAS?
    Use FRER if you do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, she's going to wait until Thursday. She will still have pregnyl in her system. Plus if it positive she doesn't want to get her hopes up and if it's negative she won't want to do the blood test so we're waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She got a positive blood test back on Thursday. HCG was 170 and Pog was 45. They are monitoring her Progesterone levels and keeping her on the Cronine. Hopefully we get some good results at her next blood test and scan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Char85 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Char85 View Post
    She got a positive blood test back on Thursday. HCG was 170 and Pog was 45. They are monitoring her Progesterone levels and keeping her on the Cronine. Hopefully we get some good results at her next blood test and scan.
    Congrats!