+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not trying to scare anyone but just trying to let you know wat to expect. I didn't expect the pain during my egg collection. I can feel the needle the whole time. My FS use lot of cotton pads to stop my bleeding. Heard women next wards making horrible sounds afterward. I feel OK just dizzy after all n just a bit pain on my abdominal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That does not sound normal to me. You should not have felt anything, apart from some pain or some discomfort after the procedure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smallkatty View Post
    Not trying to scare anyone but just trying to let you know wat to expect. I didn't expect the pain during my egg collection. I can feel the needle the whole time. My FS use lot of cotton pads to stop my bleeding. Heard women next wards making horrible sounds afterward. I feel OK just dizzy after all n just a bit pain on my abdominal.
    That's not normal for an EPU, you should speak with your treating doctor about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smallkatty View Post
    Did your FS not sedate you? I don't remember anything from my EPU and the discomfort after was very mild. More of a bloated feeling if anything. Have a chat to your FS because it sounds like you have had an awful experience. Maybe look at changing clinics if you can?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my fs use local anesthetic n sedate but i can still feel the needle. I was spotting after moving from theater to ward. I'm OK now. It was scared when the other patient made terrible noise

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. I am meeting with my breast cancer surgeon tomorrow (another long story but I am part of a clinical trial for fertility after cancer treatment) to discuss what options we have so it may end having to freeze his samples. I got my appointment letter to the clinic at King Edwards for the 30th so something to look forward to after hubbys op next Wednesday.
    We've been TTC since April but with his stomach pains it's been difficult to even do that haha.
    We were referred to the FS by my surgeon as part of the trial because my periods have been AWOL since I was diagnosed 3 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck kirboxx. All the best.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smallkatty For This Useful Post:

Kirboxx  (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was told Embryo less than 10% to reach day 5. Sad... Does anyone know when I can start my second cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my AMH is >1 (and I'm 33). Getting eggs is difficult. In 11 months of Ivf at maximum gonal f stimulation (450mg) I've produced 4 eggs. It's true what they say though - low AMH does not mean low quality. I've just had 2 A grade embryos transferred yesterday. You only need to produce one for a perfect little Bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milz00 View Post
    Hi, I wanted to reassure u about low amh. I am 35 and I had my amh tested and was fear mongered by my gp that I would need Ivf bc of this. Granted, mine was 6.8pmol but that was tested while on bcp so it wasn't an accurate result. Had it retested 6 months later and it went up to 9.8 again not the best but better.

I started freaking out so much bc we weren't ready to start for a family yet bc partner wasn't ready but after hearing that and only having one tube we started trying. I got pregnant the first month of trying! So pls don't let numbers discourage u. It means nothing, the best indicator for u is afc, Antral follicle count, forget amh it's not a reliable way to know. My afc was 16 so as u can see that didn't match up with amh.

Also, I started seeing a fertility naturopath, she's the most amazing woman. She has helped over thousands of women with pcos, low amh, or just women struggling to get pregnant fall pregnant. She has told me many success stories of clients who have lower amh than yours, like 0.2 get pregnant. These women also closer to age 50! Her herself was 47 when she decided to have her first.

You can only see this woman by word of mouth, she does not advertise. She is that good she doesn't need to. She has a waiting list of about 2 months. She puts u on herbal stuff, and I have to be honest the tonic drink she gives is the most vile tasting drink ever but I was committed to drinking it. If your only issue is low amh, I suggest u call her, she's based in Melbourne, if u live interstate she can do phone consultations or email. Or u do is send a pic of ur eyes as naturopaths look into the eyes to diagnose the problem. She said a lot of women who have been referred for Ivf go to see her and end up pregnant without needing ivf, there's only been a handful of women she has not been able to help but that's of course depending on their situation. She hates clomid and all the fertility drugs doctors now give. She will tell u straight out if she can help or not. She told me, at my first consult, she could get me pregnant in 2 months, I didn't believe her, Lo and behold I was pregnant in a month.

She's worth a try, I wish more ladies knew about her. I feel sorry for all the women I read about on this thread doing ivf or taking all the drugs like clomid.

Anyway if u would like her number and details I am happy to pass them on.

Sorry for my long post, but I want to help u girls.
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry for crashing your thread, @Milz00 I would also like her details please

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by skye76; 07-11-2015 at 16:17.