+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low amh. How many eggs can be collected and survive after freezing cycle??

I'm in my early 30s and normal cycle but have DNA disorder. I was told my amh is only 4. Does it means that I will used up my eggs very soon. Feeling so depress.
    My Dr said I may have only one embryo left or even none for transfer......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi - are you seeing a good FS? although your AMH is low that does not mean you only have one egg left. I am surprised your DR said that to you. Many people with a low AMH can still conceive.I would consider getting a second opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe the doctor meant that with your DNA disorder you may get less viable embryos? I've heard of many women with AMH lower than 4 being able to get pregnant. Even if you did only get one embryo from a cycle, one good one is all it takes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Feeling much better now.
    I went to my GP for the result.
    My FS didnt contact me for my poor result and the nurse in her room said I have to make an appoinment with her for the result.

My GP usually contact me if my result is bad.
    Disappointed with my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My AMH is 5 and last cycle I got 25 eggs. I'm also PCO. I wouldn't waste time with an AMH of 4, but it's not all bad. You won't know till you try how you respond.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my nurse yesterday day 10 I only have 3 follicles which were measurable. She said they were looking for quality not quantity. I'm feeling bad coz I have to go thru PGD too. Im going for another scanning this sat. My nurse also said the maximum orgalutran I can inject is 10 that I have used 8 already. I'm so frustrated now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My AMH is 5 and last cycle I got 25 eggs. I'm also PCO. I wouldn't waste time with an AMH of 4, but it's not all bad. You won't know till you try how you respond.
    @ATsydney thought this might interest you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

ATsydney  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My AMH 3 years ago was 4.
    Since then I've conceived 4 times naturally (3 miscarriages and one take home DD)
    AMH is not reliable at all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

ATsydney  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 25 I had an AMH of 9 and an AFC of 5 per overy. In my first stim cycle I got 15 eggs and ended up with 3 day 5 embryos (1 became my DD). 3 years later I stimmed again and got 25 eggs! AMH and follicle count are very good indicators, but aren't always right and certainly doesn't mean you have no hope.

As others have said I wouldn't be sitting around wasting time, but I also wouldn't be in the throes of despair

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages but pleased you got your long awaited daughter!

I have an AMH of 3 and also have endometriosis cysts on my ovaries. I've just started my first round of IVF. But the thing is, we've only been trying to get pregnant since May when I decided to do the 'egg timer test' and realised my AMH was low. I then spent the next few months freaking out, didn't ovulate etc and now I'm trying IVF.

Did you ever try IVF, IUI etc or were all of your BFPs completely natural? I've heard from some people that Low AMH just means that IVF won't be as successful but low AMH doesn't mean you can't get pregnant naturally.

Thanks x