+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fussy 3 month old

Hi there,
    I'm a complete newbie to this site but have used it so much for advice and would love to have some feedback on what my 3 month old has going on right now. She is constantly sticking fingers in her mouth, drooling and being very whingey which is so not like her. Is doing more poos daily, rash on her bottom, using my boob as a dummy and only wants to be held even when sleeping. I thought at first teething or acid reflux, but she doesn't really get gassy and she does not have red cheeks or white spots in her mouth?? I went to the doctors today and felt no more at ease from seeing him as he said that if there is no temp and she is eating and pooing/weeing then she is fine. I realise of course that 12 weeks is a milestone age and there are changes happening but she is definitely not her usual happy self and I would love to be able to help her. Does anyone have any advise for me??
    Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sounds like pretty normal baby behaviour. Possibly teething has started but only time will tell.

Just breathe and ride it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds normal to mem also with teething yiu don't always see teeth or white spots. They could be moving under the gum without being visible. Give it a few days or a week and bub will be back to 'normal'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Have you ever used the Baltic Amber beads??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OllieM View Post
    Thanks ladies. Have you ever used the Baltic Amber beads??
    I have with both kids. Not sure if it worked or didn't but it definitely didn't hurt to try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like normal baby behaviour. I know you want to help her, but honestly, they change so much all the time. There isn't necessarily anything 'wrong' or anything that you can help with. As long as she's fed, clean, warm and loved...she'll get through it.

Drooling & hands in mouth are both typical of this age, and don't mean she's teething.

As for teeth...I highly recommend reading these two articles:
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...fant-teething/
    (about what evidence actually shows with regard to teething)
    http://scienceornot.net/2012/10/30/a...ething-babies/
    (analysis of the argument used by those selling amber teething necklaces)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have described my 3 month old exactly! I've just put it down to a developmental stage and assume she's grow out of it. In the mean time I'm feeding and cuddling whenever she wants it.