+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Heart-Warming Observational Show Looking for Families to Take Part

I'm a casting producer on a new show, exploring the challenges of household incomes and budgeting, trying to make ends meet, and the financial impact on families in their own situations all around Australia.

The show isn’t looking to air anyone’s dirty laundry but to demonstrate that unfortunate things can happen to good people. We’re wanting to showcase families who are trying to get on top of things, living pay to pay and hand to mouth.

We're looking for relatable, working class couples and/or 2 parent families willing to share their story, and in particular, some of the unexpected costs involved with starting or having a family.

Filming would be 6/7 days and the families selected to take part will be compensated for their time.

Some of the challenges that families may be facing a financial strain due to :-
    - IVF or Adoption costs to start a family
    - Unforeseen circumstances such as job/business loss; accident or illness; natural disasters ie. coping with flood or fire damage to the home while having kids to prioritise.
    - Work sacrifices causing more stress on relationship and parenting ie. working away or multiple jobs to bring in more income vs time spent at home.

We would ask that both adults be comfortable enough to speak openly about finances with each other and individually to camera.

The view is that people hearing your story, could relate if they are in a similar situation.

Casting finishes mid October, with filming taking place in December/January

To find out more, please contact Rachael Speight on 02 9186 5094 or rspeight@nine.com.au
    Last edited by rachaelsp8; 17-09-2015 at 09:47. Reason: Too much information and unnecessary for this post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    "compensated for time" sounds like a good way to alleviate a few financial worries!

Anyone want to be a TV star?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

rachaelsp8  (17-09-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    This would be fun I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It actually gives families an opportunity to share their story, be compensated for it, and demonstrate to others around the country that there are others doing it tough while still being optimistic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd love to but somehow I think DH wouldn't. And the timing would be crap - he'll be working 16 hours a day then trying to harvest something following a crap year. Perfect example of why we're stressed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

rachaelsp8  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd definitely be open to this but I highly doubt dh would. He refuses to acknowledge exactly how tough we're doing it. We're lucky to get from pay to pay

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

rachaelsp8  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    If you'd like to find out more, I'm happy to have a chat to give you more info.
    My number is above, or you can email the best number and time of day to reach you on. My email is rspeight@nine.com.au.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    bump for the morning crowd

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

rachaelsp8  (21-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning All,
    Letting you know - just in case you have seen a promo on telly - we have now set up an online application.
    It won't take long to complete and please pass on the address to anyone you think will be interested in taking part
    www.makingendsmeettv.com.au
    Thanks for the views and have a happy Wednesday!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rachaelsp8 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (23-09-2015)