+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Headaches!

Not sure if anyone else is noticing the same but I'm feeling headachey almost every day. Currently 16 weeks pregnant. I'll be fine at weekends/days off then boom, as soon as I'm back at work, I'm plagued with headaches all day. They tend to come and go and are of varying strength, like it's not a constant thing. Not currently bad enough to need panadol (although I popped 2 this morning to help steel myself for the day ahead). No other symptoms, no dizziness or nausea etc. I feel normal except for my head/neck.

My main theory is just feeling uncomfortable being at work (I've not told them yet) and probably a degree of poor posture/staring at a computer all day. I find I'm going to bed a lot of nights with my hear bag on my head for relief.

At the moment the pain is kind of behind my eyes/brow bone area. Could it be a sinus headache

It's not intolerable at the moment but I'm just finding it debilitating going to work each day and feeling less than stellar.

Any ideas what it could be or any ideas on how to get rid of this? Or is it just hormonal and I'll have to ride it out?

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I had headaches when I was Preggo Luv, most notably in my 2nd Trimester that were caused by hormones.

The fact yours only seem to be work related, makes me wonder if yours are more of a stress/tension headache?? Usually sinus headaches are accompanied by a sinus infection of some description. Migraines usually start off behind the eyes but again, usually have accompanying symptoms like nausea and light sensitivity for eg.

Another possibility is that your neck is out of alignment for whatever reason (muscular,skeletal) so perhaps a massage/physio/chiropractor etc might be able to sort it out if that's the case??

Whatever the cause, they're awful to have and I really hope you can sort it out asap Luv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I don't want to worry you at all but when I was pregnant I started getting headaches around 16 weeks. I thought they were just tension ones but when I had my OB appointment I had high blood pressure & the doctor said that headaches were a sign/symptom of this. Before this, my blood pressure had been textbook perfect. I hope they stop soon for you but just make sure you mention it at your next appointment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for the feedback. I actually had an appointment at the hospital on Monday (just my booking appointment) and the midwife took my blood pressure and all was normal. it's definitely something worth keeping in mind though so thankyou.

yeah I find it odd it hits me most at work. I generally don't like being here, sitting at my desk for 8 hours urgh!! just worried that if my desk is making me like this at 16 weeks, what will I be like once I have a proper bump going.

working sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is noticing the same but I'm feeling headachey almost every day. Currently 16 weeks pregnant. I'll be fine at weekends/days off then boom, as soon as I'm back at work, I'm plagued with headaches all day. They tend to come and go and are of varying strength, like it's not a constant thing. Not currently bad enough to need panadol (although I popped 2 this morning to help steel myself for the day ahead). No other symptoms, no dizziness or nausea etc. I feel normal except for my head/neck.

My main theory is just feeling uncomfortable being at work (I've not told them yet) and probably a degree of poor posture/staring at a computer all day. I find I'm going to bed a lot of nights with my hear bag on my head for relief.

At the moment the pain is kind of behind my eyes/brow bone area. Could it be a sinus headache

It's not intolerable at the moment but I'm just finding it debilitating going to work each day and feeling less than stellar.

Any ideas what it could be or any ideas on how to get rid of this? Or is it just hormonal and I'll have to ride it out?

Thanks ladies
    I definitely find I am getting headaches at work. I put it down to the computer screen.

But yes posture can also play a part, get a good pregnancy massage if you can, helps on so many levels. I have also been getting regular adjustments from Chiro which I find helps a lot, releases so much tension in my neck etc.

I am also sceptical about whether I can keep sitting at a desk for the rest of the pregnancy. I used a fitball last time and will prob do so again, better fit posture and pelvic alignment etc. and lots of regular breaks, stand/walk often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sharing those same concerns. if I'm finding sitting at my desk chair uncomfortable now, what's it going to be like in a few months?

I also discovered my desk chair is broken (well I think so anyway) and the back rest doesn't stay up as high as I need it to. I'm tall so maybe I'm not getting the correct support and its throwing me off?

what else did you do first time round in regards to work/sitting at a desk?

I'm also annoyed with our filing system. there's a lot of files that are located at below knee level, some at ground level. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep bobbing up and down like a fricken jack in the box to get the files I need.

I've also still not told work and I think that's weighing on my mind a bit. just not sure how to broach it and I'm building it up into a bigger deal than it needs to be and I think I'm stressing myself out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Headaches!

I suffered from bad headaches for about a month in my second trimester this pregnancy, particularly at work or when playing with my phone, but thank goodness it passed. Dr said it's very common. I have a physical job so it wasn't from sitting down all day!

One thing is make sure to keep your fluid intake up too, I probably didn't drink enough at work which could of contributed, plus I'm assuming all the unnatural lighting (hence headaches when on my phone).

I took a fair amount of panadol during this time as it was quite unbareable but doc said that was fine.

Good luck and fingers crossed it passes soon. And I'm sure your work will be fine, I was glad when they found out as they cut me a lot of slack.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'm sharing those same concerns. if I'm finding sitting at my desk chair uncomfortable now, what's it going to be like in a few months?

I also discovered my desk chair is broken (well I think so anyway) and the back rest doesn't stay up as high as I need it to. I'm tall so maybe I'm not getting the correct support and its throwing me off?

what else did you do first time round in regards to work/sitting at a desk?

I'm also annoyed with our filing system. there's a lot of files that are located at below knee level, some at ground level. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep bobbing up and down like a fricken jack in the box to get the files I need.

I've also still not told work and I think that's weighing on my mind a bit. just not sure how to broach it and I'm building it up into a bigger deal than it needs to be and I think I'm stressing myself out.
    I can't believe you haven't told work yet! Just do it lady, you will feel sooooo much better. And no one will question you if you rock up tired etc. it will be fine.

My chair has a broken wheel and I recently moved into another guy's office while he is on leave, as the guy I sit near stinks like tobacco. Work is a health hazard! You have the right to be comfortable and ask for adjustments - don't feel guilty about that.
    If I get really uncomfortable in 3rd trimester I am going to ask to work from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm trying to keep fluids up as much as I can. I'm not a big water drinker (never have been) but take a bottle in each day and make myself finish it by the end of the day. I'm definitely conscious of keeping fluids going all day. just hoping I'm consuming enough. I never feel thirsty and I don't do physical work/get remotely sweaty so I'm pretty sure I'm not dehydrated and that these headaches are not dehydration headaches.

I hope they pass ASAP!!

I know I need to tell work!! have to do it soon. urgh. not even sure why I keep putting it off. just feels really personal and i don't bring personal things to work, everyone there is much older, mostly male and I just keep myself to myself with personal info. although I don't have much of a choice really, not sure how much longer I can really hide it for 😂

yeah I'm intending to make things as comfortable as possible too. really annoyed about my dicky chair though!!

glad you finally managed to get away from the ashtray! God that must've been vile all day!!

work truly feels like an OH&S hazard when pregnant 😂