+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Has anyone had a healthy baby after multiple misscarriages??

@melimum, if that's what you have as well, they need to put you on anti coagulants such as clexane/Fragmin and aspirin even before you fall pregnant. If it flares up, you are more likely to lose the pregnancy unfortunately.

I had no problem with my first pregnancy either but then on I think I must have lost about 8 pregnancies. After my last pregnancy, I had a mild stroke due to the antiphospholipid and am on warfarin indefinitely.

If it's possible try to see a high risk ob as they are the best for dealing with your situation. I have on had flare up during and after my pregnancies. The rest of the time, I am very well.

Anything else you want to know, just ask or pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @melimum. I had 2 miscarriages and a faild ivf attempt ontop of the miscarriage

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my last embryo transfer i did the clexane for 12 weeks and it resulted in a healthy baby boy. Unexpectedly last oct i fell pregnant naturally and gave birth to another healthy baby boy in july. I know your walking down a very tough road but your not alone. I found acupuncture helped me relax during those awful times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

I had 5 failed pregnancies before I had my beautiful boy (2 early miscarriages, a molar, a late miscarriage and chemical). After the first miscarriage I was diagnosed as being ANA+ and told to start on low dose aspirin when trying again and that I would be on that the whole pregnancy. So I followed that advice (only stopping the aspirin when I would get AF as it made it way too heavy), unfortunately that did not work so I was told I would need to have clexane injections all through the pregnancy (but only after they had confirmed the pregnancy by seeing a heartbeat, which freaked me out as I had seen two healthy heartbeats and then lost the baby within days). By the 4th pregnancy I had moved from Sydney to a rural town so had changed OBs and the new one started me on the Clexane straight away (didn't need to see heartbeat first) but said to stop after 12 weeks. So thats what we did. We went to our 14 week appointment and bub was fine heartbeating away happy as anything but when we got to our 18 week appointment were told sorry bub has passed away. I had to be induced the next day. After his birth I had some other test done and there was some other thing that they found wrong with me too. As soon as I fell pregnant with my son I was started on the Clexane and this time they kept me on it until 2 days before I gave birth (he was breech so it was a scheduled c-section).

I am sorry that you have had these losses and I hope that you get your beautiful baby. If your doctors tell you something that you don't understand just keep asking questions until you do understand. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jazz1910 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (16-09-2015)