+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I moved a shopping trolley out of the way of an approaching car, and the driver was actually someone I know. I live in a small town, so that is not unusual. that was my good deed for the day. one thing that I like to do, is give a stranger a smile. it is so nice when you get a smile back. marie.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (19-10-2015),Gentoo  (20-10-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eeeep, I completely forgot about this thread! I've had so much on my plate since writing this, but will definitely be giving it some thought.
    I did report a bully on another forum and messaged the victim after admin banned the abusive person and she was so thankful, (she said she'd been targeted by her before) after I sent them links to the bullying. I've never seen such downright evil before, the person was just ruthless in her attacks and I'd noticed it before with her so decided to do something. Admin were horrified by her behaviour and were apologetic but it wasn't their fault. That was my good deed 😃
    Good to see this thread is still doing the rounds.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been paying ahead coffees a bit lately, as in buying an extra coffee or two at my local cafe so the next customer gets a freebie. The cafe owner now ribs me about it, it's become a bit of a thing. When I'm on Mat leave next year on half pay I'm not sure how I'll get out of doing it exactly!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    How does paying ahead work? I've always wondered! If they haven't ordered, how do you know what to pay?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    How does paying ahead work? I've always wondered! If they haven't ordered, how do you know what to pay?
    Maybe they just pay the max amount for a coffee which will cover whatever the next person orders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let people in front of me at busy intersections if they've been waiting a while, and often stop to let people cross the road/car park too.

I also gave the kids teachers and bus driver Easter eggs when no one else did, but not sure that counts as I stood out purely because of other people's apathy than it being a true RAK lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (20-10-2015),~Marigold~  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I just pay for one or two standard cups of coffee, I guess the owner just charges the difference if they have a special order, I never bothered to ask!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (22-10-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I won a whole $5.00 on the Melbourne cup , so I gave it to the RSL people selling poppies for Rememberance day. i always let cars in front of me, if i have space. i never buy a coffee, so i never think about doing that, but my local café has a donation cup for an African child, like a world vision sponsorship, so i put small change into that. marie.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While we were on holidays DD was given a pool noodle by a little girl that left a week before us. When we left we found another family to give it to.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-11-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    Im in. definitely

In fact I already started ... I emailed someone yesterday

My DD does Calisthenics and at a comp recently she was next to some girls from another team on stage ... and they were so nice to her it really made her day. So I emailed the club to tell them what incredibly lovely girls they had.
    I did something similar the other day- we were playing in the playground next to the museum and there were kids on an excursion there from a primary school. They were all so lovely with my DD, looking out for her and pushing her on the swings. I called the school and told them what lovely, kind and thoughtful students they had. The office lady said she would be sure to pass it on to the Principal so she could mention it at assembly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-11-2015)