+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha this thread has totally tickled my funny bone, giggling over the office colour printing code, in my office we all have a code linked to us individually, so every time we copy something you have to enter your personal code first, and it's all being tallied up somewhere....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

harvs  (15-09-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Haha this thread has totally tickled my funny bone, giggling over the office colour printing code, in my office we all have a code linked to us individually, so every time we copy something you have to enter your personal code first, and it's all being tallied up somewhere....
    Oh we have a PIN too and our use is monitored now that our school has become poor, but that's another story...

But yes, the front office lady alone has the colour copying code and we have to make our case to her when we want to use it. I forgot about that! And she had the only sports shed key for a while til I kicked up a stink about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a vet and when I worked in private practice it was the head nurse who ran the show. They told all the vets where to go and when. Did the drug order, the banking. If we didn't have nurses the vets would be lost.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who really has the power in your workplace?

I do payroll and accounts and I hear it all. I kind of like it because I can discuss with the other payroll lady. If I didn't have that outlet in sure it would be much less interesting.

The accounts I monitor fuel cards, printing, phone costs, credit cards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are certainly people who think they have power lol...like the floor rep who sends frequent e-mails about the state of the fridge/dishwasher or why we can't have teddy-bear biscuits anymore...or that guy who walks around telling people how busy he is & how much he helps everyone & tries to order/organise everyone else etc. At least they are good for entertainment value in the office, ridiculous that they feel the need for these power trips.

The real power in the office thankfully rests with the senior managers & a few key staff members.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    OMG YES! I am a teacher, & in my school, the office manager is really the person 'in charge'. I mean, technically it is the principal, but everyone knows it is really the office manager. And the office ladies in general. When I was at uni, I remember a lecturer saying to us training teachers "when you start at a new school, make friends with the office ladies. Get on their good sides straight away & you will be fine." lol. So it must be a school thing. One EG is that when we got a colour photocopier, only the office manager had the codes to colour photocopy. If we wanted something done in colour, we would have to ask her permission & she would decide if it was worthy of doing in precious colour, & then would copy it for us if she felt so. lol.

Our library is EXACTLY the same, in fact, the librarian is the only one who can access the catalogue at all. If I want to borrow a book to use for teaching, I have no way of searching for it on the catalogue, I just have to browse the books until I find what I want.. SOooooooo annoying, and a massive waste of time! So that's it. The office lady and librarian. They run the school.
    How big is your school? I'm wondering if maybe mine is an anomaly now!! Our office ladies are definitely not that power hungry and the library staff are gorgeous. I've been part time on may leave for ages since my first son was born and have done a few stints of being the "teacher on duty" in the library and just helping out. I've been taught to borrow and return books and everyone (even students) have access to the catalogue! I'm at a reasonably large secondary school in a regional centre though, I wonder if that's part of the reason?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know if anyone in particular has 'the power' in my office. My boss certainly has a lot of respect because he's so knowledgeable (he's in his mid 70's).

If anyone wants a supplier paid, I control the action right there. I also control the petty cash and I get very antsy if someone wants to be reimbursed for something that isn't really petty at all. If it's over $100 I'll often insist that we reimburse them via EFT instead, as I don't want them taking 'my cash' .

I control what we have for communal snacks (biscuits). I enforce a 'no poop' rule in the executive bathroom, and I get very disturbed if this rule is broken.

I guess I have some powers, but nothing terribly significant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I enforce a 'no poop' rule in the executive bathroom, and I get very disturbed if this rule is broken.
    I would love to hear how you enforce this. "Jones, I can see you eating Mexican, I'll know who it was if I smell poop in the executive bathroom this afternoon!"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

DreamyMummy  (16-09-2015),Moxy  (16-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I don't know if anyone in particular has 'the power' in my office. My boss certainly has a lot of respect because he's so knowledgeable (he's in his mid 70's).

If anyone wants a supplier paid, I control the action right there. I also control the petty cash and I get very antsy if someone wants to be reimbursed for something that isn't really petty at all. If it's over $100 I'll often insist that we reimburse them via EFT instead, as I don't want them taking 'my cash' .

I control what we have for communal snacks (biscuits). I enforce a 'no poop' rule in the executive bathroom, and I get very disturbed if this rule is broken.

I guess I have some powers, but nothing terribly significant
    This is a bit strange. Isn't that what toilets are for? Pooping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3yo!! LOL.

But when I used to work, it was me in most of the jobs I have had. My last job, I had the power of a Director behind me, who trusted me implicitly to run the division. I knew everything that went on, all the processes, rules etc, so everyone used to come to me for advice and assistance. Or a chat and a gossip!