+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 12 month sleep regression- nap help!?

Hi
    My 13 month old DD was a horrific day sleeper from birth to about 6 months after seeking help from a sleep consultant. The last 3 weeks she has been fighting her two days naps to no end. Even if she just has one nap she will fight and fight it! Today she woke at 6am, napped for 5 mins in car at 9.30am, napped for 5 mins in car at 12.30pm transitioned her to cot and she has been awake ever since (it's now 2.15😁😁😁)
    Wtf!?!
    Any tips or advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What times do you usually try to give bub a nap?

At 13 months my bub was transitioning to 1 nap. So:
    - 7am wake
    - 11am-12 nap
    - 3-4 nap

Once we had stretched bubs first nap to 11:30 we let him sleep for however long and that was it - just one nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Usually it is
    6am wake
    8/8.30am nap
    12.30 nap
    6.30 bed

But last 2-3 weeks flat out fights that first one
    If I make her have one nap she still fights it and barely will sleep 2 hrs 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a 2hr nap in the middle of the day is perfect for a one year old. My daughter cat napped from birth until 13 months. At 12 months I transitioned her to one nap. She continued her cat napping (so she'd have one 25 minute nap a day) for a month and then started napping for longer. Maybe your daughter is struggling with the transition, but will be more cooperative once she gets used to it. I'd be doing lunch first (1130 for example) followed by nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 14 months old and he wake up at 7am naps at 10 for 2+ hours but if I'm trying around he will only sleep in the car and be fully awake once I've woken him up.. I think she my be ready for one nap if she fights it, maybe give her between 2.5-4 hours after she's woken and when she starts whinging put her in bed with bottle and she will fall asleep sometimes DS takes 45 minutes to whine down but when he is tired it will take 10-20 minutes