+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My daughter goes to daycare. She hardly eats anything. Can you pack her lunch though? And they just give her that? My daughter was also cmpi but tolerated yogurt and cheeses quite well from about 12 months onwards.
    I hope you get some real answers soon. Feeding issues are so stressful. A daily constant source of worry and frustration. Hugs.

    I used to give her pouches and they would feed her that, but have stopped it about a month ago to encourage her to eat regular food. She would only eat bread (toasted or regular), raisin bread and some cakes or at least try to eat it. She does seam to eat more of it there than at home, I guess because she's hungry and knows there won't be anything else. She's also learning to take small pieces of fruit and has deli meats or crackers. So she is eating something there, but not enough to grow and develop on that food. That is why I pick her up around 1pm to feed at home. She tends to eat well after childcare as she's hungry... In the long run, I think this is the way to go. It encourages her to eat regular food, she self feeds and eats as much as she wants/can. They also offer her lunch food and sometimes she tries it and other times won't touch it...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    I used to give her pouches and they would feed her that, but have stopped it about a month ago to encourage her to eat regular food. She would only eat bread (toasted or regular), raisin bread and some cakes or at least try to eat it. She does seam to eat more of it there than at home, I guess because she's hungry and knows there won't be anything else. She's also learning to take small pieces of fruit and has deli meats or crackers. So she is eating something there, but not enough to grow and develop on that food. That is why I pick her up around 1pm to feed at home. She tends to eat well after childcare as she's hungry... In the long run, I think this is the way to go. It encourages her to eat regular food, she self feeds and eats as much as she wants/can. They also offer her lunch food and sometimes she tries it and other times won't touch it...
    Oh that's good. Initially I thought you implied they weren't catering to her needs at daycare.
    She sounds like she's doing pretty well overall. Maybe you could see a paediatric dietician to go over what she is eating and how you can 'fill the gaps' so to speak. You might be surprised. Most of the time we actually think a little one should be eating more when in fact they are eating enough.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Dd had hers out very young I think 16 months? She seriously had about 12 rounds antibiotics. Didn't touch food etc now she eats so much!! Maybe fussy but heaps

    DS who has delayed chewing they are calling it Now :/ is booked in for October. I've given up waiting for our barium test as you go on wait list for who is important. His are large and I will just book him in. He eats MILK. KFC and arrow root biscuits ������

    Monnie,

    Can you tell me more about the surgery and the recovery? Also how soon you saw improvements with feeding?

    My DD had bronchillitis and tonsillitis at around 1 year corrected, then numerous viral infections for about 5 months since starting childcare. Both kids have been good now since June (fingers crossed).

    WE got an appointment to do a barium meal swallow test in children's hospital within a week from my paediatrician sending a referral in. They couldn't see anything obvious being wrong, but the official assessment letter hasn't been provided yet.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Oh that's good. Initially I thought you implied they weren't catering to her needs at daycare.
    She sounds like she's doing pretty well overall. Maybe you could see a paediatric dietician to go over what she is eating and how you can 'fill the gaps' so to speak. You might be surprised. Most of the time we actually think a little one should be eating more when in fact they are eating enough.

    She does have a dietitian. Her diet is ok and the quantities good, it's the tfact that most of her foods still need to be pureed that is the problem . She is a very active girl, but tracks on 3 percentile...

    WE've tried pediasure and polyjoule to boost her calories and free me from worrying about her food, but both didn't agree with her. She went back to vomiting, gagging and fussying.... I boost her calories by adding oil and egg yolk to her savoury dishes...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    She does have a dietitian. Her diet is ok and the quantities good, it's the tfact that most of her foods still need to be pureed that is the problem . She is a very active girl, but tracks on 3 percentile...

    WE've tried pediasure and polyjoule to boost her calories and free me from worrying about her food, but both didn't agree with her. She went back to vomiting, gagging and fussying.... I boost her calories by adding oil and egg yolk to her savoury dishes...
    Ahhh. I guess it's just a wait for you to see about her tonsils. Sounds like you are doing all you can.
    My daughter drinks pediasure. She's tolerated it well though.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Off topic.... but could you go privately to get it done? We're waiting on appointment with ENT at public hospital. ...but I'll be pushing to go private if we can. We just have issues with DD's medical condition and anesthesia/she's high risk.
    I wish we had gone private from the outset had I known how long we would have to wait but to go private now would mean a consult with a private specialist meaning a trip to Perth, we live in the country so it isn't easy. I was informed last week he shouldn't have to wait much longer now. Had I not had a bleeding disorder ds could have had them removed at our local hospital here where there is not a very long wait list at all

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    I wish we had gone private from the outset had I known how long we would have to wait but to go private now would mean a consult with a private specialist meaning a trip to Perth, we live in the country so it isn't easy. I was informed last week he shouldn't have to wait much longer now. Had I not had a bleeding disorder ds could have had them removed at our local hospital here where there is not a very long wait list at all
    That's frustrating.
    Waiting is such a pain.
    We just got an appointment booked for 21st October with ENT to discuss tonsils etc. At public.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,347
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    Monnie,

    Can you tell me more about the surgery and the recovery? Also how soon you saw improvements with feeding?

    My DD had bronchillitis and tonsillitis at around 1 year corrected, then numerous viral infections for about 5 months since starting childcare. Both kids have been good now since June (fingers crossed).

    WE got an appointment to do a barium meal swallow test in children's hospital within a week from my paediatrician sending a referral in. They couldn't see anything obvious being wrong, but the official assessment letter hasn't been provided yet.
    Instantly after recovery. My daughter hasn't needed antibiotics at all this year. Granted she's older and at childcare this year but DS has been on it upwards of 12 doses plus predmix.

    Her eating took a little bit so my paed said give her whatever mc Donald's anything. Her fav to this day is snack box from KFC 😏 she's still a milk addict she's almost three and I've only just taken her bottle away!

    Recovery differs for each person ours wasn't very nice but the Chinese boy next to us he slept the whole time!! I swear they bought there own medicine haha. We got script liquid end one (very dangerous if not careful)! But she was fine after about day 5 we had to fly interstate to have it done as we moved to Queensland and I booked the surgeon and I didn't want to change so had to wait two weeks due to peak bleed period. Best decision ever


 

Similar Threads

  1. Maternity / Feeding Bras for large breasts
    By babyno1onboard in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 15:26
  2. Large family TTC again
    By TTC7 in forum Parents with large families
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2015, 19:48
  3. Tonsils out?
    By Wise Enough in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-03-2015, 05:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!